Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Fire Giant

Default Crashing while zoning?

Recently I'm getting a lot of crashing while zoning, and some of my friends are as well. We live in California but diff parts separated by 8hrs time.

Also sometimes when zoning i am losing all my buffs. Sometimes but not frequently when logging into the server i am seeing no characters and it tells me to get new spell file, even though i have it. If i log out and back in all my characters are there.

Is this occurring to anyone else?

Please post replies to help if it is, or isn't.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:35 PM
Fire Giant

I know a buddy of mine has been crashing damn near every zoneline he hits since Friday and has caused him to literally zero out his activity on here... Not too sure why it is happening, but it is indeed happening.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:25 AM
Kobold

Happens to me too every once in a while.

Not enough for me to narrow it down, but I swear it's more frequent (if not always) when I alt-tab out of the game while it's loading...
Old 10-12-2015, 02:12 AM
Orc

Try a free vpn to see if it fixes it, then troubleshoot from there. Cyberghost is a good one. It's happened to me before.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:58 AM
Kobold

do you use wineq2? have you tried defragging that harddrive? combination of those things has pretty much ended all of my crashing.... may have been something else i did but i think that was all. i used to crash all the time but now i never do. only other difference is probably that i have windows 8 now, but i think the crashing stopped before then.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFriend99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recently I'm getting a lot of crashing while zoning, and some of my friends are as well. We live in California but diff parts separated by 8hrs time.

Also sometimes when zoning i am losing all my buffs. Sometimes but not frequently when logging into the server i am seeing no characters and it tells me to get new spell file, even though i have it. If i log out and back in all my characters are there.

Is this occurring to anyone else?

Please post replies to help if it is, or isn't.
i have a problem with crashing if i change tabs during loading...Extremely annoying
Old 10-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Alt-tabbing makes mine act wonky too
Old 10-13-2015, 08:32 AM
Kobold

Also about the buffs: if you are low hp when you zone it clears your buffs. That's working as intended, not a bug
Old 10-13-2015, 09:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I had this issue, in the settings I turned off the loading screen which helped a lot. Now when I load, all I see is the load bar, give that a go.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:38 PM
Large Bat

This afternoon I crashed while zoning and logged back in. Next zone line I crashed and haven't been able to log back in at all... really kind of sucks...
Closed Thread