Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 04:32 AM
Aviak

Yes definitive, im going to save money for a Jbots MQ and find a partner for lvl up, i tried it yesterday with no so much luck and is danger no get sow if you play with a FD parther XD
Sycopata (Troll Warrior) 65 Clan Odisea -Solusek Ro
Old 02-07-2020, 05:22 AM
Aviak

I would like to update the request, first of all thank the advice given, both those that I have received in the forum, as well as in the game and also the constructive criticisms, of why my request was not correct.

That's why I withdraw my request.

Thanks to your advice, especially those that I have received within the game, I am able to continue advancing and my income has improved a lot, because I am saving about 100p an hour, with what I hope in 45 hours of game to be able to access the Jboots, thing It will make travel and search for partners a lot easier, despite convincing people to stop playing alone. Thank you so much for everything.

I would love to be able to erase this thread, but I think I will overcome the shame and hope I can help other people.

Greetings.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Lol. Don't worry about getting advice that helps you out. Everybody gets that. And the people that were giving you a hard time for asking to borrow something were a bit out of line imo. I'm not normally one to cut people much slack, but you didn't ask to be given anything, you seem to have been trying what you can to make soloing work, etc. You deserved some polite tips, not bitching like some people gave.

And one more bit of advice from me would be, think twice before buying jboots. You could spend plat on 10-dose blood of the wolf potions (10 doses per potion of 36-minute-long spirit of wolf) instead. 4000pp would buy you like 300 hours of spirit of wolf, which is faster than jboot speed.

Jboots are convenient and last forever, but you could start affording sow pots right now, and they're better for traveling since they're faster, and even though they have a limited duration, you don't need to be using them all the time anyway (and you CAN'T even use them in dungeons).

Or at least consider picking up a few sow pots for now to help you get around until you're ready to buy jboots.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-07-2020 at 08:44 AM..
Old 02-07-2020, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

What Tecmos said.

To add to that, EQ is and was designed as a game that forced dependence on other players/classes. Instead of slaving away saving your copper consider making friends with a druid. They can cast sow and other druid buffs on you for free and together you'll vastly increase your potential compared to solo efforts.

With a druid you can fear kite snared animals or aggro kite/charm kite with very little danger.

With a ranger you can fear kite snared animals.

With a necro you can fear kite snared anything at a super efficient rate as has been previously mentioned.

Your class is built around doing high support dps. With essentially any combination of classes you'll be able to find strategies that are much more efficient than playing like a gimped warrior as you are now.

Go out and meet people. Good luck !
Old 02-07-2020, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

Learn how to strafe and backstab from the side. It helps alot when soloing on a rogue. You will take hits like a wet paper bag but atleast do more damage when it lands.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

I'm sorry to hear things are so dead at lower level. Have you checked Mistmoore for groups? The place was jumping before Green came out - I'd think there would still be a group or two running most nights?
Old 02-07-2020, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

at 30 do goblins in HHK.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:25 AM
Sarnak

Roll a caster to fund a melee. You've got a rough road ahead of you if you go straight for a melee. Sure, you'll hit 60 eventually, but you'll have no way to farm plat and your rogue won't be nearly as geared as it would if you rolled it after say, an enchanter or a shaman.

Do yourself a favor - push the pause button on the rogue and level a necro, a chanter, a mage, or a shaman. This game is unforgiving and farming plat on a rogue is going to be extremely difficult with cheap/crap gear.

I rolled a rogue (currently my main toon) after I saved up enough plat to level comfortably and buy my own fungi/jewelry/weapons etc. It doesn't hurt to ask, but I highly doubt anyone will loan you 10k+ with no reputation on the server at all. Get into a guild and make friends asap. Rogue is fun, but not with crap gear. Melee toons are extremely gear dependent, while some casters can farm plat comfortably while completely naked.

Good luck! Feel free to message Aaxion/Aavixx in game - I will help a little, but no way in hell I'll loan ya 10k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2020, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

No point to solo on a rogue.. really only good for BS and can’t do that solo. Just go to places and find groups. Not sure where at 28 that would be but p99 level guide would give u some good options. People love to exp with Rogues so shouldn’t be to hard.

Another suggestion is roll a Druid, Necro or Chanter who are less gear dependent and great Soloers.. get one of these three leveled up quick and with the pp you make Twink out your rogue. Many of us have done this same thing with using a caster to then Twink a melee.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 02-13-2020 at 11:40 PM..
Old 02-14-2020, 03:44 AM
Aviak

The problem of this mentality is what make no consider blue to new players, i have found some groups but majority of people is just solo twinks, and no want to duo, why they are ok solo, my rutine actualy are log in blue, type /who X X all see every players spread alone in the world , and log in in green to play a Online game, i want revive the Eq experience and eq experience is the MMO experience, the mentality of lvl up a solo caster to twink a mele to solo it, just make blue a Raid hi end server, and actualy the fun of reach this statge is over [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Bad luck
Closed Thread