Kobold

just wanted to say reposte disc and OT hammer is good times

<Grunny Swampskin>Retired
<Brennard>Retired
<Alton> Retired
<Vizuni>
Old 02-19-2020, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

If a dot landed on you, then FD will not work.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a dot landed on you, then FD will not work.
What? I FD my uber Green monk in Unrest all the time with Rabies on.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

You can fear a caster to lower the number of casters on you. Of course, you will get trained but this might give you a window to feign.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:55 AM
Kobold

thanks for the responses guys. Next time I will bust out the OT hammer. Can't believe I didn't think of it until 5 days post mortem. I also popped for a pre-nerf CoS since, although that won't drop agro. It would have avoided the agro at all with the click of a button.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Get yourself some :
https://wiki.project1999.com/Leather...aider_Skullcap

Really not hard to quest or quite cheap to buy in EC.
Get a fresh one on a mule and recharge when you use your "oh shit instant gate" for less than 200pp (100pp each)
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 02-21-2020, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

Congrats on your (pre-nerf) CoS! As an SK, it can really offer some QoL benefits when acting as a puller / splitter (two things SKs are already great at).

Of course, you'll have to get off a successful flop first in order for it to work. But, when you do, you can stand-up (post-flop) and immediately invis without re-catching agro. Only drawback is that that you can't have a pet out, less of a factor for SKs compared to NEC.

I've actually pulled a fair amount on my squishy necro using one, so I can only imagine how nice it'd be on an SK
Old 02-25-2020, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? I FD my uber Green monk in Unrest all the time with Rabies on.
Maybe this has changed since I last played my monk, but once I was dotted there was no such thing as being able to successfully FD. Once the DOT wore off, I immediately could FD successfully. Maybe it works with rabies since it only does 1 damage and you repair 1 damage every tick, so your health doesn't move.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe this has changed since I last played my monk, but once I was dotted there was no such thing as being able to successfully FD. Once the DOT wore off, I immediately could FD successfully. Maybe it works with rabies since it only does 1 damage and you repair 1 damage every tick, so your health doesn't move.
I've played FD classes for over a decade on live, and several years on p99, and I can assure you that this has never been the case (except maybe in very early classic era which I'm not sure about).

It most certainly isn't the case now currently on p99 or live for that matter. You can definitely FD while dotted, and you always have been able to, to my knowledge. Now if the DoT lands on you've AFTER you FD'd, then yes just having any spell hit you in general (except dispell effects) will break your feign.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker85 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've played FD classes for over a decade on live, and several years on p99, and I can assure you that this has never been the case (except maybe in very early classic era which I'm not sure about).

It most certainly isn't the case now currently on p99 or live for that matter. You can definitely FD while dotted, and you always have been able to, to my knowledge. Now if the DoT lands on you've AFTER you FD'd, then yes just having any spell hit you in general (except dispell effects) will break your feign.
Ok, next question, if you FD and the mob wanders off while you are still dotted and you get up, will the mob reaggro?
Closed Thread