Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 07:23 PM
Skeleton

And since this is a trolling forum and I have nothing better to do at the moment, I'm going to extol my virtues and brag to people like BlackBellamy and say that I played a Wizard on the progression servers rather recently, and I was happy to do ports for all manner of tips, even for free, because I was just excited to have a somewhat unique ability that people wanted to utilize. The reward for doing something nice for someone is equally as rewarding as the generous payments I would sometimes receive. I preferred the former.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:24 PM
Banned

Druids and wizards are worthless and they should be grateful they can provide a free service to the rest of us load bearers
Old 02-22-2020, 07:28 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids and wizards are worthless and they should be grateful they can provide a free service to the rest of us load bearers
Arguably almost true.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

What does a lvl 9 need ports for? Go explore, do an adventure learning zones you've never walked through before. There's content between druid rings believe me.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:43 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does a lvl 9 need ports for? Go explore, do an adventure learning zones you've never walked through before. There's content between druid rings believe me.
Can't speak for everyone, obviously, but some people prefer playing some of the Antonican races and then leveling in Faydwer, like Crushbone for example. I tend to leave Befallen or other places around levels 10-11 to go to Unrest.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:46 PM
Skeleton

Wish I could edit posts... but yeah, there's also Everfrost and Qeynos starts that people happily want to get out of for something a little more populated.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've only had this offered once while porting, but it was probably my favorite method of payment. The guy told me I had the option of accepting 1pp per level, or /random his level x2. I chose the random option because it was more fun, rolled a 19, and got less than the 50 I would have had I taken the flat rate. 10/10, would do it again.
I will be doing this for now own. That’s awesome
Old 02-22-2020, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

I dunno, I mean, if they aren't stating a fixed price, you pay what you want to pay and you move on.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 02-22-2020, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

If I still played would definitelt have done the /random for ports. Love that.

I always tried to tip generously the whole time I was on the server if I asked for a poet. When I was dead broke I ran places. When I had plat I payed well for pickups because I valued their time. As enchanter brain buffs were an added bonus.

There are a ton of people on this server that are incredibly generous with their time and just happy to help. The rest are trying to make plat for their mains and are posting for plat. They should be compensated for their time.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't speak for everyone, obviously, but some people prefer playing some of the Antonican races and then leveling in Faydwer, like Crushbone for example. I tend to leave Befallen or other places around levels 10-11 to go to Unrest.
But mooooooom! I wanna level theeeeeere! Not here! And when I didn't wanna pay for a port they made fun of me!

I know, I'll post about how the big bad druid was meanie head! That'll show em.

Gtfo crybaby.
Closed Thread