Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 03:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really miss the old PC gaming magazines of the mid/late '90s. PC Gamer, PC Gaming World, PCXL, etc... were really great. I remember every month looking forward to getting the new PC Gamer because it came with a CD full of game demos. In the pre-broadband, pre-Steam era, those demo CDs were absolutely amazing. And the articles back then were actually informative and entertaining. The golden era of PC gaming for sure.
Here's a prettty fun AVGN Video on that topic if you've never seen it, Vexenu:

Video Game Magazines - Angry Video Game Nerd (AVGN)

Maybe no reviews of the PC mags you mentioned...but you reminded me of this video/ old game magazines in general.
Last edited by Asteria; 07-25-2020 at 03:14 AM..
Old 07-25-2020, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

So much nostaligia in that link haha. I need to buy a lot of these magazines!

The Zoomer, I wanted that so bad. Yes "shitty friend controllers" is a great name for those things, I would always only use these wacky game pads at some kids house that didn't even play games very often lol I miss the days where I would sit in the back of my parents station wagon and play with my gameboy light! All these seatbelts you kids wear today! *shaking low poly fist

Also yeah great screenshots Ennewi wow.

This is a very old screenshot indeed!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: how dare this guy say willy beamish should be avoided! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-25-2020 at 12:56 PM..
Old 07-26-2020, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tthis journalists eyes when it started raining must have been child like with wonder.

Because none of that be happening lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: Man the point you guys just made is sticking with me this article is incredible and the ones I read now are terrible! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember reading this article in PC gamer, and this was the paragraph that got me excited... specifically the raindrops. At the end of the article there were instructions on how to apply for the Beta Test. I sent it in and then a little while later it arrived in the mail. I created a Barbarian Warrior named Korlaorf, made it to level 8 (mostly solo haha) in Blackburrow. On the last day of the Beta I went out to the Ice Giants, shot an arrow, and trained them back to the mammoth area and they just started slaughtering people... was the best EQ day of my life.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

That's awesome dude! If I could find the ad that sold me the game I would frame it.

If anyone can help haha: It was a 2 page advert that had all the races lined up like they were taking a team photo in a dark stone like dungeon. It had some screenshots and a paragraph or two of copy and the release date.

I remember thinking, "hmm dark elves, trolls, ogres, and wizards? I should try this out, oh hey wow it comes out tomorrow?? That must be a sign!"
Old 08-19-2020, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

I found a web folder on dakor.net that is still serving up old EQ shots, including a whole folder of alpha screenshots:

http://www.dakor.net/images/eq/old/
http://www.dakor.net/images/eq/old/alpha

Some absolute gems. Did you know the UFO in Qeynos used to have a staircase?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg page2shot1.jpg (26.5 KB, 397 views)
Old 08-19-2020, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

How primitive! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

those links are great Dola wow. One day one of us is going to be like "Thats me omg!" how cool will that be ha

Edit: This naggy raid reminds me of how like, impressive and amazing I thought it was that his AoE fear was a thing, how I was afraid, and now all these other heros were afraid... the game just came to life back then.

edit edit:

lol some impressive 90s photoshop filtering

Last edited by Jibartik; 08-19-2020 at 04:54 PM..
Old 08-20-2020, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

Screenshots here of the final beta battle in Nektulos with Innoruuk etc:

http://bloodwolf.org/~rulnak/Picture...tles_Beta.html
Old 08-20-2020, 07:18 AM
Planar Protector

Awesome find. Wonder what the stats were on that two-handed book or those denim jeans.
http://www.dakor.net/images/eq/old/alpha/page3shot3.jpg
Old 08-20-2020, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

I like how it looks as though most people were playing with 2-3 seconds of lag, whereas nowadays anything higher than a few hundred ms causes complaints.

-Mcoy
Old 08-20-2020, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Screenshots here of the final beta battle in Nektulos with Innoruuk etc:

http://bloodwolf.org/~rulnak/Picture...tles_Beta.html
I feel like there is a story that accompanies this?
Closed Thread