Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charms, you mad bro?
I have to be honest. After seeing how overpowered mages were, and why. I almost made a mage to level up, and farm stuff for my other characters. But I resisted that urge.

The pet changes were not meant to be a diss on pet classes. Its just one of those things.

Haynar
Old 07-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Sarnak

But arent there reports of pets of the max con colour actually hitting for less than before? Fair enough for pets conning lower than the max, as thats what the variability fix would change.

Mages were always OP.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Fire Giant

He mentioned low level focus items being overpowered. Maybe that's what your noticing quinas, assuming he nerfed them and not buffed the high level focus ones. That, or this:
Quote:
THe current variance is varying up levels too, so that wont happen either. So max pet level will be lower - Another nerf.
Mages were op, but not like I've seen on this server.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Last edited by girth; 07-05-2010 at 09:58 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Aviak

I have not tested out the pets so I am only going by what people are saying.

Before focus items were in on this server my 49 pets always hit for at least 56 damage. No matter what level pet. They were probably hitting 61's like all the focus'ed pets were hitting before the patch.

If the nerf was just to focused pets. Why did the Un-focused pets hit for over 56 every time before.

56 should be the max hit for the 49pets not 61. This is unfocused though.

http://web.archive.org/web/200404042....aspx?tabid=60

link from 2004 though.

No idea if that helps at all. I just feel if you nerfed pet focus items only. Why does the unfocused pet hit for less. Necro's are saying their pet hits for less. Probably shamans too.

Hate to see everyones pet get nerfed. Just my 2cp.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Developer

Some of the pet max hits are off in the database, along with the max level for some too. I haven't got around to fixing everything. Its on my list. I have a stack of notes here. Going through and editing each pet individually is such a pain. There are a lot of freaking pets. So it probably won't get updated until next patch, or maybe the next. I spent too much time going through all the exp changes, and researching classic exp, and trying to figure out where we were off.

There is also a lack of info concerning pet regen rates. Most of everything current for the level of pets we are using seems pretty spot on. If someone can prove what shaman pet regen rates should be, that would be probably a big boost to them. I didn't adjust them up to some of the current numbers, as it seemed like too big a jump. But maybe they should be that high. I dont know.

Haynar
Old 07-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to be honest. After seeing how overpowered mages were, and why. I almost made a mage to level up, and farm stuff for my other characters. But I resisted that urge.

The pet changes were not meant to be a diss on pet classes. Its just one of those things.

Haynar
I played my friends mage a couple months ago (with newb najena focus items) and it was unreal. His earth pet self buffed was far more efficient than my level 50 warrior. With reclaim I literally never ran out of mana.

Mages were OP on live, but not THAT bad lolz.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Sarnak

The only issue now is that, while mage pets did have a true variance on EQLive Classic, you could also cannibalise/reclaim them until you got the best pet. Not sure about that here?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

The pets AND the focus items were altered to function as they did in classic based on research conducted by two premier mages from the classic era: Xalmat and Razzamatazz of the the Mage Compendium.

If you want to look at the data used to determine how the pets and focus items should work, here are the stats of pets at their MAX levels.

http://www.xalmat.com/eqsummoners.co...e-library.html
http://www.xalmat.com/eqsummoners.co...r-library.html
http://www.xalmat.com/eqsummoners.co...r-library.html
http://www.xalmat.com/eqsummoners.co...h-library.html
http://eq2.magecompendium.com/pets-f...s-library.html

Pet HP, max hit, stats varied with level for over three years. Until 7/24/2002, as a matter of fact. That was when pets always summoned at their maximum level, rather than ≤ MAX-5.

When you aspire for classic, you get some of the "bad" with the good.

To those of you who didn't play Mages in this era, it seems like the biggest nerf in the world. To those of you who did, you'll remember it well and know how to deal with it.

//EDIT: I noted to Haynar that Pet Cannibalization needs to go back into the game until the server hits 12/18/2003, when pet canni was nerfed.
Last edited by Qaedain; 07-05-2010 at 11:44 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

So, just to be clear and excuse mt ignorance, as we don't 'patch' like live... this was all server side stuff? No client side changes needed unless you want the new ui or spell gems?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

Most things in EverQuest are handled server-side. Anything that requires a change to textures, models, images, and the UI are done on the client, and can't legally be done by the dev team.