Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Aviak

My mistwalker pet doesnt even attack at all, only bashes/kicks for 10-16 and only procs blue con pets now, no evens or yellows.....makes me a sad Mistwalker wielder=(
Old 07-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said that these changes were meant to balance anything.

There were complaints, that the higher level pet focus items for mages had no advantage over the low level items. That is what I was investigating. My investigation led me to determine that pet level variance was not "classic" and the pet focus items were not "classic".

I bowed to the complaining mages, and fixed the higher level mage focus items, so they are useful.

Be careful what you ask for. You might actually get it.

Haynar

<3 Haynar.. haha I was the mage complaining about the focus item issue in this case - I just wanted my raid focus staffs to be useful :P glad to see this has been made more like to classic, even if it is a nerf on my class.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of the pet max hits are off in the database, along with the max level for some too. I haven't got around to fixing everything. Its on my list. I have a stack of notes here. Going through and editing each pet individually is such a pain. There are a lot of freaking pets. So it probably won't get updated until next patch, or maybe the next. I spent too much time going through all the exp changes, and researching classic exp, and trying to figure out where we were off.
So you implemented half of the fix (the nerf) and left out the other half (the damage table fix) because you didn't have enough time? Why put in a half-way fix that cripples people who play pet classes in the level range of the broken pets? From what people are posting, several of the pets are doing A LOT less damage.

As some have pointed out, the variance in stats and damage of pets doesn't really nerf anything but money for mages and time farming bone chips for necros. Those who want to level up most efficiently will chain summon until they get a max level pet. The necessity of doing so was counter-balanced with pet cannibalization in classic. Apparently, pet cannibalization not functioning as it did is a known deviation from classic, yet it was also left out of the patch that forces chain summoning of pets for max efficiency.

It seems to me like this change was rushed for some reason. I don't understand why the entire thing wasn't held off until ALL of it was ready to be patched in.
Last edited by Kiwaukee; 07-06-2010 at 12:36 AM..
Old 07-06-2010, 02:37 AM
Fire Giant

I was gonna say something to Kiwaukee about how this kind of patch is exactly like classic (remember the balancing act to make everyone equal?)... but I don't wanna seem like I am mocking their hard work.

Gah I said it didn't I, but seriously we all appreciate the time and effort put in.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:17 AM
Orc

Quote:
I never said that these changes were meant to balance anything.

There were complaints, that the higher level pet focus items for mages had no advantage over the low level items. That is what I was investigating. My investigation led me to determine that pet level variance was not "classic" and the pet focus items were not "classic".

I bowed to the complaining mages, and fixed the higher level mage focus items, so they are useful.

Be careful what you ask for. You might actually get it.

Haynar
"We" the majority of people who have lower level pet classes and are "not" high level mages didn't ask for this. We did however get stomped by it because it was half baked.
Last edited by Cronoclops; 07-06-2010 at 03:20 AM.. Reason: because it's late and I'm a tard
Old 07-06-2010, 03:45 AM
Sarnak

As a 50 magician, this patch didn't change much my overall capacities. People overreact to any kind of nerf. But it is EQ classic we're looking for on p1999.

Thumbs up to the dev team! You've got all my support.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronoclops [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"We" the majority of people who have lower level pet classes and are "not" high level mages didn't ask for this. We did however get stomped by it because it was half baked.
QFT

Anyway, this whole Spell level, is ≤ MAX-5 really accurate? Could the level 4 pet spell on live summon level 1's? I don't remember this being so. Maybe I'm mistaken?

I've cast 10+ pets so far at level 24, however. And not a single one has been 22 or 23, as per the possible levels on mage compendium's info. All were light blue and low dark blue. Unless I'm also mistaken about the phrases attached to blue con's. MEH.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:38 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

The five levels includes the max level, so the lowest level pet at level 4 bottoms out at level 2.

Blue cons also all use the same con message, unless my memory is screwy.

//edit: Except not for 15-24... http://everquest.allakhazam.com/eq_consider.html
Last edited by Qaedain; 07-06-2010 at 04:41 AM..
Old 07-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Kobold

Good job on the changes. Its much closer now to what I remember it was on live. My shaman now summons only green pets which is how I remember it on live. The only time you would get a blue pet was the level where you got a new pet spell or the level right after that, then it would be green pets for 3 levels. The pet regen seems a bit slow, the dog would usually recover quickly when sitting (because it didn't have many HP to begin with)
Old 07-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSUGAM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyway, this whole Spell level, is ≤ MAX-5 really accurate?
I think it was in Classic (except perhaps the level 4 spell, which was probably special-cased in the code).

But my question for Haynar is - what *is* MAX?? In classic, I thought I occasionally got white-conning pets, but never yellow. So that would mean that the level 16 spell would have MAX==16. And the pets could be 12, 13, 14, 15, or 16. Anybody else remember white-conning pets in classic?

It is possible I am remembering a later change.

From the reports above, it sounds like MAX is now set to the spell level - 1 (or even spell level - 2). So for the level 16 pet, is MAX currently 15? So that you will get a pet that is level 11, 12, 13, 14, or 15 (all conning green or blue when you first get the spell)? Or 14 (10, 11, 12, 13, 14)?

Thanks in advance for any clarification on what MAX is.