Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What are you more here for?
Fresh Start 51 60.71%
Classic 33 39.29%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 02:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic. As in, no books, spires, bazaar, AA's, inflated gear, ridiculous ZEM zones, stupid lore like the Vah Shir; restoring original spell icons, spell book medding, original xp rates, mob locations and pathing and spawning, etc; all in favor of

The stuff that means nothing to actual gameplay, like old pseudo-UI's, pet window banning, bad lighting, no Luclin avatar option, that stuff gets no love. If something has zero or negligible impact on other players' game experience, imo, spend your efforts on other more material issues

Seriously, I have said this before, if your gonna do "classic" make earthquakes a real 6-18 hour server downtime like the patches were back in 1999 2000 and 2001, not an instant repop of all Norrath mobs. That would have a real impact on guild behavior, and mob availabilty, despite the obvious pain of the server downtime

At the end of the day, this is the devs' thing, whatever gets them through the day, more power to them, and thank you for your efforts
I thought you were making some okay points until you mentioned Luclin models, which are known to be the leading cause of clinical depression and cancerous tumors in America. They’re awful and shouldn’t even be an option to people on Live, let alone P99.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:21 AM
Sarnak

Mostly here for true classic, fresh start is bonus material.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:01 AM
Planar Protector

I'm totally in for the fresh start.

On live, I started in 2000, maybe a couple months before Velious dropped.

Here, I started in 2014, also during Kunark. So I never experienced a fresh server (except Agnarr, but that was very, very far from classic EQ).
Old 09-25-2019, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

I guess I am for "fresh start", but I am also here for the classic experience. I played back when the blue server launched back in October of 2009 and there were a lot of differences now from then. I logged on for the first time in years last night, and I see the old skeleton models, the boats are working correctly, it is extremely exciting!

Now I am on blue running a few classes thru as much as I can to see what I want to play on green. I have never even dabbled with a INT caster, so I started a Magician and I will be trying a Necromancer as well. I was always a hybrid type player or a priest type of player.

So yeah....fresh start it is! But a fresh start in the classic experience!
Old 09-25-2019, 09:58 AM
Large Rat

I'll be here for the fresh start. I prefer a mostly classic experience, but there are some things about classic that I could live without.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:24 AM
Sarnak

Definitely a fresh start. I couldn't care less about the forced UI and what not, but I definitely want to experience some of the old zones. I started playing during the Velious cycle on Blue, so the server was already kind of old and tired by then with twinks everywhere and me feeling like I was miles behind everyone else. Nonsense like fungi tunics are detrimental to the spirit of the game IMHO, so I'm really looking forward to experiencing the game without fatcat twinks running around everywhere.

Getting a fresh start on an even playing field is something I will NOT miss.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:40 AM
Kobold

Both in reality but the fresh start is driving it to be here so I went with that. I wasn't around for the truly classic experience though the friend that introduced me to the game was and talked about it a lot, as did my guild members.

I want to see what the hubbub is about and also play some more EQ, it's a good chance to see that and possibly get back into MMOs again after years of not finding any that really fit me as well as EQ/Lotro/Vanguard.
Closed Thread