Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Haynar, if you attempt this again in the future I just wanted to say I would be happy to download your patch for it and jump on the Beta server and get some meaningful results for you with both of my comps. DxDiag lists, etc, I dunno.

Maybe if you had like 40+ peeps willing to give it a go with each attempt, we might actually get there for what you're after. For all of my bitching, I honestly WOULD like to see the classic vision happen. The red tint on monsters for Infravision and Fog cutting effect on ultravision was amazing back in the day.

Edit - for zanderklocke, this is a really old avatar I made from a stoat anthromorph illustration taken from the old Yiffco website from 1996 or so. I dodged out of the furry scene when I discovered religion in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and I'm a much better person now.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 12-04-2014 at 02:32 PM..
Old 12-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haynar, if you attempt this again in the future I just wanted to say I would be happy to download your patch for it and jump on the Beta server and get some meaningful results for you with both of my comps. DxDiag lists, etc, I dunno.

Maybe if you had like 40+ peeps willing to give it a go with each attempt, we might actually get there for what you're after. For all of my bitching, I honestly WOULD like to see the classic vision happen. The red tint on monsters for Infravision and Fog cutting effect on ultravision was amazing back in the day.

Edit - for zanderklocke, this is a really old avatar I made from a stoat anthromorph illustration taken from the old Yiffco website from 1996 or so. I dodged out of the furry scene when I discovered religion in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and I'm a much better person now.
+1, I think the major problem with the gamma patch was that no one seemed willing to post pictures of their screens, nor did they seem willing to post computer info. I'd like to at least hear if the problems people were having with being unable to read chat were using a UI other than the velious one. Of the five people i chatted the gamma with in-game, we all were using velious UI
Old 12-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...82&postcount=7

That's how I remember human / erudite / barbarian vision.

First order of business as a human was to buy a torch, lantern, or firebeetle eye. I always had one in the bank too for CRs at night.

Are the limitations mainly from the titanium client? In my opinion, what was so great about the classic darkness was light given off by certain structures and mobs standing out in complete darkness.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

thx alot for changing it back fellas ! I can see again!!

PS thx again for all the work on Velious ! cannot wait to play it !
Old 12-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...82&postcount=7

That's how I remember human / erudite / barbarian vision.
This is how human/eru/barb vision should look, you're right. Notice though that the foreground grass/earth elemental look normal, it's only the background that is very dark. With the recent patch, the foreground was also significantly darkened, as well as the daytime hours being strangely dim and oversaturated (at least on my system).

I think a major problem is the titanium client's built-in ultravision. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn it off, and it throws off the rest of the gamma mechanics when the dev's try to patch around it. Personally I'd love to see a classic-accurate gamma patch that worked for everyone, but I think the client we have to play on might make that impossible (kind of like how we can never have the old sky graphics back because the new one is hard-coded into the titanium client).