Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad to be part of the server underdogs who continue to serve as the unifying force on the server. We're single-handedly removing the cancerous toxicity from the raid scene and encouraging players to seek solutions by working together.
Not long ago, it was AM who were the zerg bullies of the server "denying their enemies pixels".
Old 05-28-2019, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not long ago, it was AM who were the zerg bullies of the server "denying their enemies pixels".
Fake news. Prior to <Riot Guard> it was <Tempest> that was the #1 raiding guild on the server.

I don't remember seeing them raiding much but I remember reading about their success and strong moral compasses on the forums a lot.

Where'd that guild bank go?
Old 05-28-2019, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furorr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weekend summary
good god this movie is so good now i have to go watch it
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 05-28-2019, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My moral compass always points towards you, Monrezz. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Can you get any more insufferable?
Old 05-28-2019, 04:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fake news. Prior to <Riot Guard> it was <Tempest> that was the #1 raiding guild on the server.

I don't remember seeing them raiding much but I remember reading about their success and strong moral compasses on the forums a lot.

Where'd that guild bank go?
Pretty sure Bellringer bought a new cat with it.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't even his final form.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:42 PM
Sarnak

Vast majority of AM are really cool, nice and down to earth people. However, I feel the 1% of douchebags like Hotel that have constantly made globo gym posts about how they are better than you have hurt their reputation. It hasn’t really mattered because they have been good enough to stay on top and continue to pick up all the fair-weather raiders. I worry however that if the weather stays bad at AM the ship could start sinking fast as the fair weather raiders jump ship.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you really think this will maintain itself though?

If we assume 100 players average, 2 hours per clear (maybe it's much faster with 200 players blowing everything up?), and a 50% chance of success you are talking 400 man hours per pixel dragon kill. Even at minimum wage, that's $6000 of opportunity cost! And most of these loots are pretty mediocre.

In comparison, the previous system required 60 people (not really, of course) for 20 minutes plus say 4 pullers for 8 hours. Throwing in the same 50% chance of success and that sums up to 100 man hours.

So the time per pixel has gone up by 400%, and people have to vaguely pay attention now rather than just sneaking on for 15 minutes and then going back to their job/family while the 30 most dedicated/unemployed (depending on your viewpoint) nerds did most of the 'work' while watching Netflix.

I just don't see how this is sustainable.
Many would have said even the former meta wasn't sustainable, and yet it was

I suppose I would have to put more nuanced thoughts into erotic story format
Old 05-28-2019, 08:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk, Monrezz and I are buddies so this was just a thinly veiled joke. Pretty sure if you asked he certainly wasn’t offended. Hell, I was discord messaging him as I posted it.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:16 AM
Kobold

All I want to know is: what does Xltx think of the new name? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread