Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-17-2019, 01:25 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Keybinding Mouse Buttons

Is there any way to bind my mouse thumb buttons to various things? I tried it the normal way and clicking it has no effect, just stays as "Press a key". I was looking in the eqclient.ini and found where the keymapping is saved but instead of being named, the key combinations all correspond with a number, and I don't know what number the thumb buttons would be.

Any help would be appreciated, even if just to say "not supported/possible". Thanks!
Old 05-05-2020, 07:57 AM
Orc

I'm looking for the same info
Old 05-05-2020, 08:04 AM
Sarnak

You could use one of the mouse brand programs to rebind your mouse buttons to Numberpad #1-9. Then make the keybind you want in game one of those numberpad #'s.

It's a workaround for less integrated video games that don't recognize mouse buttons.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

This could possibly violate the PnP:

Quote:
5. You may not use third-party programs on Project 1999.

The use of any third-party programs on Project 1999, including but not limited to, Macroquest/Macroquest2(MQ/MQ2), ShowEQ(SEQ), or any other program that interacts with the Everquest Titanium Client, is strictly prohibited. Use of any third-party programs will be detected and will result in the permanent banning of your account(s). No exceptions will be made, and once a ban has been enacted for violation of this rule it will not be reversed.

This includes programmable keyboards or other devices that creates multiple inputs for a single keystroke or automated task.

Wineq2 by Lavishsoft is the exception to this rule. In addition, any program that strictly reads log files is acceptable.
I would think it would be ok to just map one mouse button to one keyboard key, but I don't believe the staff has ever clarified, so I'd tread carefully here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.