Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 02:04 AM
Sarnak

Default Canni II - worth the trouble?

I'm level 38 and wondering whether Canni II is worth the trouble. The quest seems fairly involved/time consuming, but is it worth it (or is 1.2k worth it) given I'll be using Canni I until 54 without it?
Old 06-17-2019, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

I think the bone chips from KC are the only no-drop piece you'll need. The ore from MM, you could prob zone in and /ooc and get several people responding immediately. The shaman powder from TT, you could solo on your enchanter no prob. There was 1 more item right? If so, it's tradable too. I'm sure you could complete it without too much effort.

The question of whether it's worth it or not, I can't answer, as I don't have a shaman.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:01 AM
Kobold

I didn't deem it worth the trouble. I used canni 1 until canni 3. Granted, the last 2 levels or so was a bit painful (slow on the canni/regen). But other than that, it wasn't bad.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the bone chips from KC are the only no-drop piece you'll need. The ore from MM, you could prob zone in and /ooc and get several people responding immediately. The shaman powder from TT, you could solo on your enchanter no prob. There was 1 more item right? If so, it's tradable too. I'm sure you could complete it without too much effort.

The question of whether it's worth it or not, I can't answer, as I don't have a shaman.
The last thing is a ground drop in TD. In my opinion the Yun Shaman Powder is the only hard part. Groups are usually killing the warlord in KC and don't want the bone chips, so usually you can just show up, ask nice, and loot them. MM is similar (plus you can sometimes buy that item in the tunnel), so if you can get the Yun powder you're pretty much set.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

The above is what I did. For my Iksar shaman I made the character a suit of full medium banded and gave it a chitin shell shield and forced it to get everything else on its own after that. After selling bone chips in field of bone to an enchanter I took the plat and ducked into City of Mist at level 14. I got a cheap springwood club and the strange clay for free.

The crushed diamonds were just sitting on their spawn point which I got at level 20-24 when I was whacking elven scouts for exp. From levels 26-30 I was killing iksar near the trak's teeth zone in swamp of no hope and occasionally I would do a /who in TT for high level trackers. I would advertise that I would pay 150pp for some shaman powder and I got a taker who got me some.

At level 39 I walked into Karnor's and spent all of 25 minutes waiting for the bone fragment drop with a group working the room. I got a jarsath wristband at the same time and gated out.

Is the spell worth it? Since I'm rocking some pretty good wisdom (200), +HP and +mana gear, yeah, it is. When you're working with much larger health and mana pools over what classic pre kunark EQ would offer for a character, being able to take a bigger and more efficient bite out of your health for mana is extremely nice. If we were on pre Kunark then I don't think it would matter for a level 50 shaman at all.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Worth the quest? Probably not. I think I paid 1.1k.

Once you are killing guards though the plat just rolls in. I wouldn't put my carpal's through the extra clicks for something you will pay off quickly.

If intent on the quest vs just buying it I would probably just pass (but I'm exceptionally lazy...)
Old 06-17-2019, 01:45 PM
Kobold

The spell is a necessity imo. Anyone who says otherwise is comfortable being worse than they should be, out of laziness, and I wouldn't want to play with them.

The quest is a bit of a pain, but you can do it in an afternoon, or if you have the plat just buy it, but playing into your 50's with Canni 1 is really not a good plan.

As a shaman, just get used to having to spend money on spells. It is the most expensive class to buy spells for by a long shot unfortunately, and there is little to do about it.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:06 PM
Kobold

You can do the quest on any toon that can talk to the great oowomp. I did it on my wizard for easy porting and literally got the CoM drop and TT drop in about 15 mins then went to KC and took maybe an hour before someone killed the warlord and I got the chips. I then spent more time waiting for the raft then anything else, spoke to oowomp got the spell and dropped it on my shammy.

I'm saving for torpor, so I didn't want to spend the 1k or time tunnel questing. The spell is worth it as I see improved mana regen when canni dancing
Old 06-17-2019, 02:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The spell is a necessity imo. Anyone who says otherwise is comfortable being worse than they should be, out of laziness, and I wouldn't want to play with them.

The quest is a bit of a pain, but you can do it in an afternoon, or if you have the plat just buy it, but playing into your 50's with Canni 1 is really not a good plan.

As a shaman, just get used to having to spend money on spells. It is the most expensive class to buy spells for by a long shot unfortunately, and there is little to do about it.
That's frankly an offensive blanket statement to say that the choice to not get Canni II is always out of laziness and you wouldn't want to play with that person. For one, you would never have known that I didn't have it. For two, you should be JBB soloing until at least 52 (unless Iksar, which I'm not), so you're only talking about 2 levels of not having it. And I found Canni I to be sufficient until JBB. Not lazy, just a calculated approach that I wanted to spend my time on leveling instead of questing for a spell that isn't a massive upgrade.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:48 PM
Sarnak

Canni 2 is not mandatory at all, it's min maxing I remember after scribing it on my shaman I could barely tell the difference.

If you have a jbb and plan to solo and level fast I would skip it.
Closed Thread