Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-17-2019, 03:02 PM
Large Bat

Quick question, I am not used to MAC and working installing this. Where do I get the EQEmu file from? Would this be from the CD or installation files? Sorry for my ignorance. Just trying to follow the steps right
Old 06-29-2019, 05:34 PM
Skeleton

Since Vile's wrapper is broken, I tried moving all the files to a new wine wrapper and adding in v47 patch. However when I try to run eqgame.exe it gives me the error "Please run Everquest.exe".

Does anyone know how to get eqgame to work? Thanks
Old 07-03-2019, 07:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish Stevens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since Vile's wrapper is broken, I tried moving all the files to a new wine wrapper and adding in v47 patch. However when I try to run eqgame.exe it gives me the error "Please run Everquest.exe".

Does anyone know how to get eqgame to work? Thanks
It seems to be that the dropbox website became part of Apple naughty list and won't launch the app.

What seems to work so far (haven't patched the game) is to re install the app run it, let it "verify" and then it will prompt you with a dropbox is untrustworthy bla bla. Then you will have to go in the mac preference and specifically allow app from dropbox to work on your mac (google how to run app not from app store).

This should work as EQ stopped working a few days ago and now its launching again (I haven't patched it yet so i can't say 100% its working)

Good luck maybe you can frog leap the patch step for me I'm tied up right now and can't do it!
Old 07-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Aviak

Patched up and all is working fine! Good luck
Old 07-05-2019, 10:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laulena3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all,

I downloaded Vile's package that was posted a few pages ago. In his directions, he says to just drag to desktop and it will play. However, clicking it I get this error:

ERROR! cannot write to info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume. This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.

Can anyone help? I'm a very untechnical gal. I used to play EQ back in 2000 and was so excited to hear about project 1999, but I fear I may be over my head with installing it.
Hi Laulena,

I had the same error as you, and I found that if I moved the Everquest.app file to my Applications directory it would open! For some reason it wouldn't open from the Downloads folder.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:38 PM
Aviak

Basically it worked last night. i took Vile's download, patched it manually by replacing files from patch and today the icon has disappeared and nothing happens, or I try to start the exe manually and get the 'Please run Everquest.exe' message. What gives? What changed about the wrapper since closing it and opening it again? Confused.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Skeleton

Not too sure what happened with yours, but from what I could tell his wrapper is broken. I got it working by making my own wine wrapper, doing a fresh titanium install, and then copying the old default files and the new patch files into the proper directories.

Works fine, just can't play in full screen mode.

Good luck ese.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:23 PM
Aviak

So this is exceedingly annoying but I have it working. I downloaded Vile's, updated it manually by adding files and then put a copy of the package in a spot. Now, every time I open it I get one instance per install. i simply copy and paste a new instance on my desktop each time I want to open, go through mac's security check and viola!

Not sure why it will only work once but that is how it has happened now consistently. if anyone can help figure out what is happening between one instance and the next I'm all ears!
Old 08-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Aviak

Anyone tried getting this working on the MacOS Catalina beta? I get a black screen, then kicked back to desktop with all of my apps reset, like I’ve just logged in.

I downloaded Vile’s package and updated it manually, autodetect GPU is set to off.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

anyone know why it won't open at all game at all to change eqexe files?