Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 06-02-2022, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

weird embed didn't work...here ye be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCeD2gF9jUo&t=79s
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 06-02-2022, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hypocrisy is a child's argument
Old 06-02-2022, 02:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rule is if you roll you help with the kill. It's not help if you judge the winner worthy. Anyone who leaves without helping the kill is a hypocrite. Stop pretending you are above elf law. You are the problem.
The rule is you help as a courtesy. Nothing hypocritical about not contributing to a low level that in no way has contributed on any of the times they've lost scout roll.

The Scout roll has been a long standing agreement and function as a way to streamline a coveted bottleneck quest that many people are after: alleviating chaos, petitions, etc. You and the level 9 monk are mistaken in thinking it a charity event or can be twisted into one.

If a level 9 wins it, more power to them. Good luck in assembling your friends to come help with the kill.

To that end... what's the grace period for allowing the low level to assemble a hit squad before next highest roller calls it a stall and turns in for their own?
Old 06-02-2022, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Is pull still train the adds / peel captain? It’s been a while since i took part, but a level 9 could easily contribute by helping pull if so.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-02-2022, 02:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is pull still train the adds / peel captain? It’s been a while since i took part, but a level 9 could easily contribute by helping pull if so.
What do the other level 9's do? Or is it only kosher for it to be a charity event for one person at a time?
Old 06-02-2022, 02:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademarked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do the other level 9's do? Or is it only kosher for it to be a charity event for one person at a time?
What are you going on about? This has nothing to do with getting together and helping each other. The roll is not so we all have a kill force. The roll is to prevent scripting the turn in.
Old 06-02-2022, 02:18 PM
Orc

In other words, you're echoing exactly what I said. Thanks for reading.
Old 06-02-2022, 02:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademarked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In other words, you're echoing exactly what I said. Thanks for reading.
No, in other words you roll you help with the kill. Not concerned with varying levels of contribution as you are.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbiterBlixen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, in other words you roll you help with the kill. Not concerned with varying levels of contribution as you are.
Level 8 warrior lands taunt on the captain.

"If he dies. He dies."
Old 06-02-2022, 03:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bracersame.jpg (20.5 KB, 1 views)