Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 05:49 PM
Orc

Post Screaming Terror 101

Hi. I am a Necro at level 39 and would like to ask just a few questions about Screaming Terror. Shall we?

1- I noticed that the bigger the difference between my level and the target, the bigger is the chance to memory blur. Can somebody else confirm that?

2- If outdoor I learned to cast it on mob A, run away from mob B. Then if I FD there is a 100% of chance to memory blur mob A. Why this happens?

3- What is the best way to use it to split mobs indoors using it?

4- When should I ignore the spell and just use root? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2021, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Usually when i root something i hear screaming terror. But that might just be me.
Sorry.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

I have a low 50's necro and am certainly not a great player of that class. Still, my thoughts...

1.) Mobs <35'ish instant blur when you FD regardless of pathing position (original vs final destination). Screaming Terror has a minuscule blur chance built in.

2.) As I understand because the npc did not move from it's original spawn location or as mentioned is under level 35'ish. It's possible with higher level npcs you have to time the FD to be down when ST wears off but again I haven't done this with my necro.

3.) I'd ST one npc and snare the other that comes (engulf or better) and FD. Snared NPC wont return to path and you can stand up after ST wears off. Engulfing should last for like 3x that of ST. Or ST pull initial and sick pet on other, then FD and stand to help pet when it's safe. Or root-pull (preferably with paralyzing earth) and just kill #2 after #1.

4.) Screaming Terror is 3x the cast time of normal root, twice the mana, and half the duration. A better root like Paralyzing Earth is like 2.5 mins for the same mana cost sticks for most the duration so MUCH more mana efficient. Screaming Terror can keep another NPC from assisting/healing or you can fall back into a more utility roll locking down a couple casters with ST and rooting melee mobs. Time it to stop CH'ing npcs/gaters or as you learned use it to trick pull some stuff.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:56 PM
Orc

Thanks Snaggles! It all makes sense.

Just noticed how poorly writen was my post, but I dont know how to edit.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Glad to help!

I'd welcome a pro necro's input to fix/clarify what I may have glossed over. I too probably made that more confusing than it had to be [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-26-2021, 01:15 PM
Kobold

So I don't play my necro much anymore, but I know the following is true for mez:

The blur rate is actually quite high. Maybe 1 in 3? But proximity to the mob matters a lot here. If you are standing within aggro range of a mob when you mez it, you may blur it for a split second but then it will just reaggro immediately so it might look like the blur failed. Same with assist aggro. If you are trying to ST split a pair of mobs, and you FD before the the second mob is outside assist radius of the mezzed mob, then the mezzed mob will just get assist agro immediately.

So the idea is kinda like this:

You ST mob 1. It might blur it initially, but that doesn't really matter because it will assist mob 2 pretty much immediately as it runs for you.

You wait for mob 2 to run outside the assist radius of mob 1. You send the pet to pick up mob 2. Mob 1 is still only aggroed on you (not the pet).

You FD. Mob 1 forgets about you, and is standing on its spawn point so you can just stand right back up immediately and you clear the aggro on mob 1. (Maybe you have to wait for ST to fade? I don't remember on this one.)

Rooting can be done in tight spaces. ST splitting needs more room to allow mob 2 to run outside the assist radius of mob 1. If you have space, I'd argue ST splitting is a lot safer so I'd prefer it to root.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

The main use of ST at 50+ is for mezzing charm breaks or interrupting a complete heal cast. The short duration makes it custom-made for re-charming. I cant imagine a situation where I would prefer ST over Paralyzing Earth for CC (other than charm breaks)
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread