Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 09:06 PM
Banned

Luclin just came out on Mischef -- so I'm little distracted. Before The schiller index was linked I came across the OCED data:
https://data.oecd.org/price/housing-...ndicator-chart

Its a good way to compare countries generally, but I can't guarintee that it is as accurate as something as rigorous as shiller. But they generally don't use crap data. According to them, Rent has risen 22.1% of what it was in 2015 as of Q2 of 2021. Real house prices are up 39.1% over the same time frame.

Edit: ill elaborate more later.
Old 10-14-2021, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol so you think you are correct in that your opinion on inflation is that it is not as high as your expectations of inflation. Very informative and I'm glad you are correct about your own expectations.

However, if your example to justify your opinion is that food prices are only up 3% this year, than I would say, what about home prices? That shit went up like 3% a week this year. And it definitely is directly affected by government spending because we are almost at 2.5 trillion in MBS. https://www.federalreserve.gov/relea...41.htm#h41tab1
You sure are into some pretty advanced accounting stuff to completely overlook the supply and demand effects of the pandemic cultural event. Of course home prices are up. Wrong stat to use. I would like to learn how to read that document, though!

Sorry I kinda overheard just this 1 post and had to show up for the dunk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i wont have the juice to fight this one out
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 10-14-2021 at 09:09 PM..
Old 10-14-2021, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sure are into some pretty advanced accounting stuff to completely overlook the supply and demand effects of the pandemic cultural event. Of course home prices are up. Wrong stat to use. I would like to learn how to read that document, though!

Sorry I kinda overheard just this 1 post and had to show up for the dunk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i wont have the juice to fight this one out
You are 1000% correct. Home prices are up big time due to the pandemic. Incredible (not really) that someone who admittedly has no idea how to read that chart is able to point out that the housing market is up due to our current circumstances.

I don't want to put words in your mouth but I'm guessing you think that spending over a trillion dollars to further increase home values right now would be a bad idea, seeing as they are already going up because of the pandemic.

Every news channel is debating whether this 3 trillion dollar human infrastructure bill is necessary or not for that price tag, yet the Federal Reserve has spent over a trillion dollars to boost home prices when everyone in the country (unless you are a real estate investor or developer) would tell you that spending a trillion on home values right now is unnecessary.
Old 10-14-2021, 09:59 PM
Banned

Well I dunno, honestly put my dad got fucked in 2008 and im enjoying seeing his position. I assume it will reset. I'm out of my element though. But I think I can exit happily in pointing out again that it was the wrong stat to use for the argument, pedantic perhaps but seems to have hit a genuine insecurity since you've now changed tack rather than finding a better statistic for the argument.

I admittedly should have stayed quiet because of the very narrow scope i am willing to engage on lol. I'll read your reply later, don't be mad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 10-14-2021 at 10:16 PM..
Old 10-14-2021, 10:03 PM
Banned

you guys should go outside and be a functioning member of society

instead of wasting resources that could have been spent in helping those in need

hope this helps
Old 10-14-2021, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

if doing this type of stuff isnt the mark of the beast idk wtf is.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2021, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you guys should go outside and be a functioning member of society

instead of wasting resources that could have been spent in helping those in need

hope this helps
No Tunabros, this is the good content. Hush up
Old 10-14-2021, 10:21 PM
Banned

I like you guys, even though sometimes we fight about shit incessantly. I do the same thing with my brother, and I love him. This will be gone some day, and I'll be sad.

Also page 666 heh
Old 10-14-2021, 10:48 PM
Banned

Yea props for the 666 write up.
Old 10-14-2021, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

In honor of page 666, here are all the previous syzigies(syzigii?) from this thread

111 George Floyd

222 The Chinese

333 Jews

444 Abortion & Star Trek??

555 Jews again
Closed Thread