Old 12-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Banned

The cache settings for what, exactly?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:29 PM
VIP / Contributor

In your everquest options.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Banned

It's nice to have options but zone dancing is pretty much dependent on having Texture Caches on, for both hunter and hunted. And what does that have to do with OTHER people coming into the zone? It just seems weird and maybe there's something server-side to look at...
Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 AM
VIP / Contributor

The pause is due to your computer accessing the graphics files for the character that just entered the zone. Has nothing to do with the server. It's 100% local. Caching options influence how and when things are loaded on your pc.

You can either take a little longer loading the zones, or take a little longer when the necessary model enters the zone. But on any modern PC that's running properly and doesn't have all of its resources overtaxed, it should be imperceptible.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 12-14-2011 at 12:29 AM..
Old 12-14-2011, 03:51 AM
Banned

I'll just go to lowest graphical settings and see if that fixes it; I mean, how bad could it be? Ughh.

edit: well, it looks like I'm playing Dwarf Fortress now but it seems a little better. It might be hard to tell until peak hours.
Last edited by Slave; 12-14-2011 at 05:18 AM..
Old 12-14-2011, 05:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pause is due to your computer accessing the graphics files for the character that just entered the zone. Has nothing to do with the server. It's 100% local. Caching options influence how and when things are loaded on your pc.

You can either take a little longer loading the zones, or take a little longer when the necessary model enters the zone. But on any modern PC that's running properly and doesn't have all of its resources overtaxed, it should be imperceptible.
Ahh ok...

I have a POS machine anway, but i never noticed this spike before, until recently.
when i used to play and raid i had all settings turned off or at minimums to minimize any lag
now that im back mindlessly wandering around i have my settings up

that explains why im getting the zone in/out spikes. thx!