Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wondering around how much it would cost to build a computer that could run several of the adobe suite programs (At once, usually), and would have p. good graphics for gamez and such.
thx thx thx.
Do it toop style, build it urself: intel i7 + 24GB ram + asus mobo + 2tb drive + 2x nvidia cards + win 7 = ~ $1500

Thats all you need, for years...

Oh and a good antivirus/firewall to keep secrets out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Aviak

Most (all) of these ideas are bad, especially the idiot who posted the link to Apple's site. Mmm pay double for some sweet marketing. My work is selling off 3 year old quad cores with 4GB ram, 160GB harddrive, 80% efficient powersupplies for $60. It doesn't hurt to look around and ask around before settling on bad advice. (lol Apple)
Old 12-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most (all) of these ideas are bad, especially the idiot who posted the link to Apple's site. Mmm pay double for some sweet marketing. My work is selling off 3 year old quad cores with 4GB ram, 160GB harddrive, 80% efficient powersupplies for $60. It doesn't hurt to look around and ask around before settling on bad advice. (lol Apple)
One thing you fail to see is that they have not mentioned what they are running on. They may have an I7 QC with a decent system and have dick for ram running it. Until we know what they have, we can only assume it's an e-machine bought from CompUSA on clearance.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabilos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing you fail to see is that they have not mentioned what they are running on. They may have an I7 QC with a decent system and have dick for ram running it. Until we know what they have, we can only assume it's an e-machine bought from CompUSA on clearance.
We are all HP, all our desktops, laptops & servers are straight from HP. I know exactly what is in them as I select the configurations we purchase.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We are all HP, all our desktops, laptops & servers are straight from HP. I know exactly what is in them as I select the configurations we purchase.
So you configured and purchased the systems that Shannacore is using?
Old 12-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabilos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you configured and purchased the systems that Shannacore is using?
I think I misunderstood your post, I didn't read her posts completely. Too much effort to go back now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Once you do figure out what you want/need, goto newegg.com to piece it together.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

you can get 4gb of ram for way cheaper than $100-200

more like $20-40
Old 12-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be able to put together a machine that can handle this for around $1,000. Just make sure you get a LOT of memory, and a pretty decent graphics card/processor. I would also probably pick up an SSD to load the OS/programs and work with, especially if you plan on doing any video editing from your local HD.

Pre-built machines are just a rip off. You can generally build a far superior system to what you would buy pre-built for a lot cheaper.

P.S. To the poster above me: What the hell is with that annoying signature??
I too have a problem with the signature. I'm not sure why it exist or why it's being used, but every time I see it I rage inside my head.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
LOL HP. You were bagging on Apple then fanboi for HP? Really?