Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t really understand why Bane > Poxx

Poxx is better Damage per Mana, lasts around the same amount of time as your epic (18 and 15 ticks respectively). There are some cases where Bane is better (kills are happening quicker etc), but primarily I find Poxx is always a better go to for efficiency.
I find a lot more things 50+ resist Pox than Bane (even with Insidious Decay), presumably because Malosini is -60 PR while Insidious Decay is -40 DR.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 08-17-2019, 02:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find a lot more things 50+ resist Pox than Bane (even with Insidious Decay), presumably because Malosini is -60 PR while Insidious Decay is -40 DR.
Fair. I haven’t had too much issue with Poxx being resisted, but I haven’t done many crazy high end soloing.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Speaking from experience killing ww dragons, pox was resisted more often (anecdotal) and also required additional debuff spell. Bane wears off fast enough that there's not usually enough instances where you have time to do pox/bane/epic/torpor, and it's often good enough to just throw in a jbb nuke when you get a chance. Also there's something to be said for the greater DPS of bane (esp since you don't want a pet v. Dragons,) even though dpm in perfect instances isn't as good as pox.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking from experience killing ww dragons, pox was resisted more often (anecdotal) and also required additional debuff spell. Bane wears off fast enough that there's not usually enough instances where you have time to do pox/bane/epic/torpor, and it's often good enough to just throw in a jbb nuke when you get a chance. Also there's something to be said for the greater DPS of bane (esp since you don't want a pet v. Dragons,) even though dpm in perfect instances isn't as good as pox.
Why no pet v Dragons? Never soloed them myself.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

I guess AOE means it doesn't do the damage per summon to justify the mana or time?
Old 08-18-2019, 11:28 AM
Aviak

Pet causes the dragons to rampage. Combined with dispell AE you can't really keep it alive.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Insidious Malady
Closed Thread