Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 04:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldan4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, we came here to re-live the dream of EQ. I thought that was the whole point. Not be screwed by top level players again who literally just want to screw people. The GM's mess with Leash, agro, range, sit casting, ToV mobs rooted, Vender recharge (if your on red).

WHAT IS THE LOGICAL REASON FOR LEAVING THE SLEEPER DEAD? other than to be JUST AS MUCH A TROLL AS THE PEOPLE THAT WOKE IT?
Classic.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry you lack warder loot, try green.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

As attested by Loramin, most servers had woken Sleeper before Luclin. In that regard the state of Blue having had the sleeper being woken is classic, if you don't get tied up in 'percentage of server life with sleeper sleeping/awoke'.

The only real argument on blue for resleeping the sleeper is to allow further testing and troubleshooting of the warder encounters and wakened sleeper rampage in preparedness for green.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As attested by Loramin, most servers had woken Sleeper before Luclin.
Ummm ... I didn't attest that ... and what I did attest was that the Sleeper remained un-woken for far longer on live than it did here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really though, at least by the P99 definition of classic ("up to but not including Luclin").

Remember, Velious lasted only one year on live. Just to get a enough of your guild keyed to get into ST tooks many months. To then get enough more keyed, and figure out your tactics for how to kill all the warders, took even longer. The absolute very first guild to ever wake the Sleeper did so past the halfway point of Velious, and it took everyone else longer than that.

This means that every server on live spent more time in Velious with the Sleeper than without her. Some servers hadn't even woken the sleeper by the time Luclin came out! On them there literally wasn't a single classic second spent without the Sleeper.

So if P99 was really emulating "how live was", the pre-wakening era should have been at least half the server's time in Velious. No one knows when Blue will end, but we've had what three years so far? Even if you give a pessimistic answer of only a few more years, we still should have had the Sleeper era for way longer.

But, again, the case for bringing back the Sleeper (or at least the pre-wakening era) is only going to get louder louder here over time. If Rogean and Nilbog won't do it now, wait and see what they say in ten years.
Nothing in there said:

Quote:
most servers had woken Sleeper before Luclin
I honestly don't know if that's true or not, so I certainly wouldn't attest it one way or the other!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Apologies; please amend my post to 'many (or some?) servers had woken the sleeper before luclin' if 'most' was incorrect. I just wanted to cite, as you say Sleeper did get woken in classic velious. Even if not on all servers.

Point being, best argument to reset the warders is to test them properly ready for green. In my opinion.

Resetting the sleeper wasn't classic.

Except on Tallon Zek?
Old 08-17-2019, 10:53 AM
Banned

The Sleeper would have been reset had Braknar made a stink about it.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apologies; please amend my post to 'many (or some?) servers had woken the sleeper before luclin' if 'most' was incorrect. I just wanted to cite, as you say Sleeper did get woken in classic velious. Even if not on all servers.

Point being, best argument to reset the warders is to test them properly ready for green. In my opinion.

Resetting the sleeper wasn't classic.

Except on Tallon Zek?
I mean you're right: resetting the sleeper wouldn't be classic. But as I said, having it killed so soon after Velious's release also wasn't classic. And not having the Sleeper (or the pre-Sleeper version of Velious) for multiple year of Velious is also not classic.

At the end of the day, Blue is just not classic (in lots of ways, not just the Sleeper). So really it's entirely up to R&N what they want to do, because any decision will be unclassic in some way regardless. All I'm certain of is that they won't make P99 go for another ten years without a chance to see pre-waking Velious, because the goal of the project is to let people re-experience classic EQ, and "pre-waking Velious" is one era of it.

However, when I said before that I think the devs will respawn the Sleeper on Blue someday, I wasn't considering Green. Green will likely "takes the pressure off", and let people re-experience that era of EQ, so on Blue the Sleeper may very well stay dead forever.

And who knows, with custom content coming pre-waking ST loot might not even be desired in the future.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can try to kill the sleeper every 3 years before your characters are transferred to blue from green
this transferring from green to blue idea cant seriously still be a viable option people believe can it?
Old 08-18-2019, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this transferring from green to blue idea cant seriously still be a viable option people believe can it?
Green gets rolled into blue with every reset.

Imagine the horror in the EC tunnel when more potential manastones (etc) enter the market....better save TODAY to buy up the supply TOMORROW!!

Boutikasaurus or whoever is smart.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

1 sleeper wake per server = classic

/thread
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread