Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-22-2016, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

Default GINA help

Anyone know how to get my timers to stop/reset when I camp? I got to character and they keep on running, which is obviously not helpful.

I tried setting it to cancel when it got to 5 seconds on the camping message but that apparently doesn't show up in log, so won't work.

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

You should be getting the 5 seconds left message in your logs. I use it for all of my buff timers as such:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you can't get 5 seconds to work, you'll have to use 10 seconds or set up a custom timer clear hotkey - for example, make a hotkey in game that executes the command "/help vplay" which returns the text "/vplay", and then add /vplay as one of your end early strings in GINA. Or you could make a custom camp hotkey that executes /camp or /camp desk, /pause 250 (25 seconds), and then executes your clear timer command a la /help vplay, but you'd have to use that hotkey every time you camp to clear your timers.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 08-23-2016 at 01:23 AM..
Old 08-15-2019, 08:46 AM
Sarnak

Sorry for bumping, but instead of stopping/resetting the timers, is there a way to PAUSE them in GINA? So when I log in again, I can resume the timers.

Thanks.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

There is no way to pause timers within GINA. However.. If you wanted to think outside the box, you could suspend the process which will pause the timers.

To do this you open up the Resource Monitor, then find GINA.exe right click on it and Suspend Process. You can do the same to Resume Process.

There are utils that can do this command line like PsSuspend if you wanted to try and create a script or hotkey to make it more streamlined/automatic
Old 08-15-2019, 05:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no way to pause timers within GINA. However.. If you wanted to think outside the box, you could suspend the process which will pause the timers.

To do this you open up the Resource Monitor, then find GINA.exe right click on it and Suspend Process. You can do the same to Resume Process.

There are utils that can do this command line like PsSuspend if you wanted to try and create a script or hotkey to make it more streamlined/automatic
Holy crap, now we're talking! Thanks for this tip!
Old 08-16-2019, 04:10 AM
Sarnak

Actually that trick didn't work. I tried it, and it pauses only "visually", cause when resuming the process, the timers have still ticked, even though visually they're pausing when the process is suspended.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:38 AM
Planar Protector

Thats a bummer. I had tested it and looked like it worked but I didnt notice it recalculate the time when I resumed it. Well that idea is unfortunately out.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:31 AM
Sarnak

You'd think that it wouldn't be that difficult to implement a global timer pause. Having said that, all props to the guy who did GINA, and it's unfortunate that the GINA forum has been overrun with bots making hundreds of spam threads, making the forum more or less unreadable.