Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 03:46 AM
Aviak

Default Bard fear kiting locations

Hi, I'm going to go to MM once I get fear to do some kiting. I'm looking for some more ideas on locations. I might do it until 50 or so because I will start to group then. I prefer grouping.

Just looking for good xp locations. I don't care about money.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Aviak

I did aqua goblin tidal lords in dagnors cauldron while I waited for unrest groups. Also did solA a bit when server was populated less. A good chill spot is the skeletons in najena. You can kite them all within the respawn timer and the ZEM is good.

I’m currently lounging in South Karana at level 36. I kill anything blue and never worry about adds since the zone is so wide open it’s hard to path into anything. It’s not great/fast by any means, but it is super chill and I get to flex my selos all over the zone.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

I don't generally like swarming so I did a mix of charming, fear kiting, and root rotting. Mostly root rot with my shaman friend I duo with. Mindless and easy. I recently decided to dust off my Bard (51). I managed to do some fear kiting of some guards and hit 53 but the XP has dropped off drastically. Does anyone have any good fear kiting locations for levels 53/4/5? I was thinking the named giants in frontier, but I might need to be 55 or so before that becomes reliable.

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2019, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

You can fear kite at FM giant fort at around 30. I would advice to charm instead though, faster and easier once you get the hang on it. You need to get your wind skill up for it though, even if you dont use a flute while charming... it's still the skill that gets tested for missing notes.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Literally anywhere. You can even fear kite in LGuk.

(Dunno why you want to fear kite to 50 when charming is >100% better).
Old 04-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can fear kite at FM giant fort at around 30. I would advice to charm instead though, faster and easier once you get the hang on it. You need to get your wind skill up for it though, even if you dont use a flute while charming... it's still the skill that gets tested for missing notes.
Sorry for the confusion I am level 51 on bard and was talking about the 2 named giants below the fort in FM. they are both level 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally anywhere. You can even fear kite in LGuk.

(Dunno why you want to fear kite to 50 when charming is >100% better).
Charming is great, and I agree. However sometimes the lazier camp or more mindless camp is desirable. Just trying to keep options open beyond charming is all :-)

Just curious though - where in Lguk have you fear kited? I have not spent as much time in that zone beyond my rogue in groups.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Anywhere in lguk that has a hallway. Its not particularly efficient or fast.

You just fear it at one end, check that its running up the hallway and not just going out of it (mez if its wrong direction and fear again to change pathway). Do your dmg shenanigans with snare on. Then either fear it again or drag down the hallway and fear from there.

I will again mention that while possible, charming is better regardless.

Even if you want to be lazy, charming is better. You have to constantly move with the mob to keep it feared + twisting dots or w.e

Charming you basically dont need to move and just re charm mobs per cycle if you really want to be lazy and not dot. Will end up killing 2 mobs faster than single fearing a single, with less keystrokes.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anywhere in lguk that has a hallway. Its not particularly efficient or fast.

You just fear it at one end, check that its running up the hallway and not just going out of it (mez if its wrong direction and fear again to change pathway). Do your dmg shenanigans with snare on. Then either fear it again or drag down the hallway and fear from there.

I will again mention that while possible, charming is better regardless.

Even if you want to be lazy, charming is better. You have to constantly move with the mob to keep it feared + twisting dots or w.e

Charming you basically dont need to move and just re charm mobs per cycle if you really want to be lazy and not dot. Will end up killing 2 mobs faster than single fearing a single, with less keystrokes.
I find when charming I like to have lots of room, I understand why we don’t necessarily need lots of room to charm but I find things can get dicey really quick if charm doesn’t land or you get interrupted etc, and have 2 mobs beating on you it is hard to charm and inside it might be hard to get away. I guess you could use mez and snare to help, but if you can get a cast off, wouldn’t you want it to be charm? Maybe I am just not super comfortable charming in close corridors yet.

Thanks again all for the replies, its been nice dusting off my old bard and re gearing him
Last edited by MikeXG; 04-08-2019 at 10:51 AM..
Old 04-08-2019, 07:33 PM
Banned

What lvl are you trying to charm? Charm, chant of flame, chant of frost, OOS, fufils, start casting new charm on your dotted and MR Debuffed new charm target it will land one second after original breaks. Rinse repeat. If you are getting smacked switch from drum to lute and switch oos/chant of flame/chant of frost for regen/shield of song/ psalm to gain hp always keep fufils up when charming for the MR debuff.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:23 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't generally like swarming so I did a mix of charming, fear kiting, and root rotting. Mostly root rot with my shaman friend I duo with. Mindless and easy. I recently decided to dust off my Bard (51). I managed to do some fear kiting of some guards and hit 53 but the XP has dropped off drastically. Does anyone have any good fear kiting locations for levels 53/4/5? I was thinking the named giants in frontier, but I might need to be 55 or so before that becomes reliable.

Thanks!
What guards are we talking about here? Asking for a friend.
Closed Thread