Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 12:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you let someone corpse camp you for over 5 hours? And multiple times lol.
i'm gonna go with "suck at eq" and "git good" remarks he made above.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaritan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, you're only here to whine about the past and tell us how terrible Red is? Got it.
bitch please [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you let someone corpse camp you for over 5 hours? And multiple times lol.
I...I played a Paladin on a PVP server. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just my two cents I reckon.
Thanks for your two cents. As long as your enjoying the game I think it's great. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2019, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Dont care

New server would bring in at least 100 potential new players

130 pop > 30 pop pvp server

Can you imagine thread anyway haha

What if they just dropped it teams pvp server with item loot

backburner slow play of the decade

I would get a p99 tramp stamp if that happened
Old 07-28-2019, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seungkyu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bitch please [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I...I played a Paladin on a PVP server. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for your two cents. As long as your enjoying the game I think it's great. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesnt matter the class. You can log out for 20 minutes, come back and then person is most likely gone. Then go find somewhere else to exp.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Doesnt matter the class. You can log out for 20 minutes, come back and then person is most likely gone. Then go find somewhere else to exp.
make an alt
Old 07-28-2019, 07:46 PM
Sarnak

I've played Blue since 2011-2012ish, and have tried getting into red on multiple occasions. Just never enough pop to make it enjoyable.

If there's a new pvp server I'd play it, especially teams. But once you move to Kunark - the world gets too big and the population is too small, unfortunately.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

The main thing that makes me want to play Everquest PvP is stories like Nath and Jeir and Blart. Unfortunately, they existed on RZ, where the majority of the population were anti-PKs like <Peace of Formosa> that didn't really seek out pvp and didn't even gear for pvp. According to these stories, only dedicated PKs would focus on magic resistance gear. Everyone else was susceptible to root and blind. These days, people that don't really love PvP just play on a blue server (me too, currently) and those that want to be PKs play on a red server...and they stack magic resistance, and they like to PK, and so on.

Therefore, there is no longer an environment like the one Nath/Jeir/Blart were in. I guess the experiences they had are impossible these days. I'm not going to be the littlest wolf trying to prey on the sheep...I'm going to be a noob against 20-year EQ pvp vets. I had fun on Red99, though. I'd give it another go on a fresh server.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
No. I'm saying I logged out for 2 hours, came back and the person was still there. Log out for another 3 hours, came back the person is still there. I'm not sitting in game 5 hours, I'm talking about grabbing something to eat, taking a shower, and watching an entire movie. Come back. The guy is not afk. He is still. there.

At this point I call it a day. That shit is way too hardcore for me, I have no idea if these type of guys are on the spectrum, roleplaying, trying to make a world record I don't know but I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main thing that makes me want to play Everquest PvP is stories like Nath and Jeir and Blart.
I didn't know about these, definitely worth a read. Thanks for the links [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-29-2019, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Those were great stories, the Nath + Jeir one especially. But yeah...unfortunately that environment is gone. That's why the game code needs to be changed for a server like p99 though; it's just impossible to get a lot of great interaction with the mechanics that exist and everyone being "in the know".

Seungkyu, were you killed at a very important camp or something? I've not had an experience like that at all and I find it extremely hardly to believe someone would corpse camp you for 5 hours if they weren't also there to camp an item. Anyway, there's something called "Loot and Scoot" that was implemented, so the issue you're talking about was dealt with.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:02 AM
Planar Protector

I know, right?? The Nath and Jeir one is so cool. Just a wizard and enchanter, taking advantage of hapless adventurers. And as for the Blart/FoH ones, I suspect Salem drew some stylistic inspiration from them.

Maybe what the next PvP server needs is a big guild of anti-PKs. We need a <Peace of Formosa> type guild. They would constantly endeavor to police the highways of Norrath, keeping the PKs at bay, which would allow a significant bluebie population to develop. These, in turn, would be the prey that sustain the PK life.
Closed Thread