Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 12:20 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkanu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's pretty dumb. Normal PLing rate is 2k/hour. There are countless camps with potential far better than 1k an hour. If more people think the way you do and start tipping less it will get harder and harder to find a port when you need it.
People apparently fail to realize that these porter Arent there only to serve you.

1k/h seems to be the golden standard in most way to make plat, I see no issue there
Old 04-16-2018, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkanu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's pretty dumb. Normal PLing rate is 2k/hour. There are countless camps with potential far better than 1k an hour. If more people think the way you do and start tipping less it will get harder and harder to find a port when you need it.
Mate, I've levelled a wizard and know 1k / hour isn't realistic for fair weather porting. The point is Toopack makes it seems like the day to day porter can easily make more money than they are realistically likely too.

Perhaps I should have mentioned the qualifier "If I didn't have this personal experience I'd feel like (blah blah blah).

Personally I believe in tipping what it is worth to you.

Then again my wiz was csg tagged so 3 big guilds and the 2 large 'competing guilds' rarely attempted to tip.
Last edited by Jimjam; 04-16-2018 at 12:29 PM..
Old 04-16-2018, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps I should have mentioned the qualifier "If I didn't have this personal experience I'd feel like (blah blah blah).
Yeah, wasn't at all clear what you were trying to say without that.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
[*]Port assholes to Toxx
Its more fun to be a wizard and port assholes to CT. These days not many know their way out of the maze.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its more fun to be a wizard and port assholes to CT. These days not many know their way out of the maze.
The trick is to blacklist non-tippers and use donations to fund your hate stone stash and dump tightwad a in hate.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

I always drop what I'm doing to port Cloke immediately if he asks. He's a great tipper
Old 04-16-2018, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then again my wiz was csg tagged so 3 big guilds and the 2 large 'competing guilds' rarely attempted to tip.
Sorry don't buy it for a second. People who don't tip, regardless of tag, are incredibly rare.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry don't buy it for a second. People who don't tip, regardless of tag, are incredibly rare.
Everyone's experiences are different, but based on my time porting I'd say they're maybe about 1 in 5 (maybe even closer to 1 in 4; I don't keep statistics and you'd really have to keep track of a bunch of customers before you could get a proper answer).

My druid is only level 46, with no guild tag, and he's not wearing anything fancy, so it's not like people are thinking "oh he's rich we don't need to tip": they just choose not to tip.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone's experiences are different, but based on my time porting I'd say they're maybe about 1 in 5 (maybe even closer to 1 in 4; I don't keep statistics and you'd really have to keep track of a bunch of customers before you could get a proper answer).

My druid is only level 46, with no guild tag, and he's not wearing anything fancy, so it's not like people are thinking "oh he's rich we don't need to tip": they just choose not to tip.
Maybe people just don't like you? Haha, JK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Maybe it is the lack of a guild tag that makes them think there aren't consequences to not tipping. I've literally ported/TLed 100+ people in the past few weeks with my Wizzy guild tagged and I've probably only had 2 or 3 who didn't tip and if I remember correctly, they all warned me about their lack of plat.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

It depends how and why you port as well.

I think my macro looks something like that "/auc porting to all druids locations! please donate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]" - people will literally always donate, because they understand i'm not just smoking weed and trying to make friends, i'm opening a small window in my playing time to make a few plats hehe.

When it's the other way around and people ask me for a port out of nowhere, i will answer "not atm sorry" pretty much 95% of the time (you're not entitled to stop XPing or whatever you're doing just cause someone asks). If I do say yes, you just hit your macro when you port in to their location. Aka sure I can take the opportunity of you asking to open a small "port money window" in my play session, why not. I'm not your slave tho ^^

That being said, i also port tons and tons of people on CRs, low level, past group members or whatever for free, refusing donations and it's fine too. But these don't counts. I think we're talking about "porting as a source of plats" in this topic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But 1 in 5 means you're doing it wrong Loramin (I mean if your goal is to make a little money), not because 1 in 5 are cheapos.

With the way I'm doing it, without ever insisting, asking twice or forcing anyone to tip, I would say it's more like 1 in 20 that does not tip, and maybe not even. Honestly can't remember any. 99% of tips are in the 10-100pp range, loose avg probably 25pp or so.

However, porting on druids like a job is quite lame indeed :P just do it if you think it's fun, which I understand. Sometimes I'm in the mood to port for a bit and it's not more shameful than spending 1h farming some MOBs guys come on! don't try to make it sound more pathetic that how you use your everquest time, in the end it's only everquest, nothing relevent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]