Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 08:12 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried playing yesterday but there was only 8 people online.

Yikes
hmm there's been like over 40 player online at the minimum. maybe you did a /who in a particular zone. perhaps in pok?
Old 03-26-2016, 03:41 PM
Developer

Reports on latest netcode updates are very positive. Little to no LDs during raids. Almost never going LD zoning. Some people who had to VPN to play, are reporting they no longer need to VPN up to play.

If you got frustrated with connectivity before, thats pretty much resolved now.

Good times.

H
Old 03-29-2016, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

p2002 or takproject?
i already have a lvl 10 trio on p2002 but with two options., (tak vs p2002) idk how to weigh the longevity out.
i dont want to wish 2 years from now that i should have been on tak.
i need a small and easy comparison to cement my judgement.
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 03-29-2016, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by radda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p2002 or takproject?
i already have a lvl 10 trio on p2002 but with two options., (tak vs p2002) idk how to weigh the longevity out.
p2002 wouldn't exist without takp

takp devs are the ones responsible for the original pc hack to connect to eqmac, the takp devs are the ones responsible for capturing packet dumps on all the zones to recreate data precisely, takp devs are the ones responsible for researching the complexities of eq's resist, AC, attack, etc... systems through logs provided by eqmac players.

takp source is now closed so p2002 isn't receiving all these nice netcode updates and other complexity system updates.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:03 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by radda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p2002 or takproject?
Takp is where myself, cavedude, robregen, torven, speedz, secrets and others in the eqemu community provide support.

P2002 is their own entity/small community.

Which will last longer? No clue.

H
Old 03-29-2016, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

TAK is the no-brainer choice. P2002 was formed by members of an angry guild who left TAK and ripped off all of the TAK dev's hard work. They split the community. Glad they won't be able to freeload off of TAK dev's hard work any further.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Banned

I just wish people would stop bumping this thread and let it die
Old 03-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
p2002 or takproject?
I just recently started a Dwarf Pally on both to compare, have them both up to level 10 as well. I've stopped playing at p2002, although the XP rate seems to be significantly higher. The server's just been too laggy of late.

Both servers are pretty light on population during my playtime (early mornings on the west coast), so that's a draw on the grouping side.

I've met nice people on both, although I've had more people "check up" on me as a newb player on TAKP, to see if I needed anything, give buffs, etc.

I'm not sure one is better than the other, but I'll be sticking to TAKP, at least for now.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

TAKP seems to release content slower, but with more attention to detail. P2002 seems to push stuff out but requires more patching afterwards. Right now TAKP is in Kunark, P2002 is in velious and is eyeing a summer to fall 2016 Luclin. Not sure about TAKP's timeline. I think TAKP rotates raid content and P2002 is "FFA," but the raid guilds play nice with one another.

I personally play on P2002 and don't really know or care about the drama between the servers. As long as you're having fun, you're doing something right. Population wise, look at the pages of the servers. http://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php and p2002.com. Make your own choice.
Last edited by burkemi5; 03-29-2016 at 05:04 PM..
Old 03-29-2016, 07:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think TAKP rotates raid content
Nothing on TAKP is rotated any longer. It was only Naggy / Vox and people have outgrown them for the most part.
Closed Thread