Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 03:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The client is being used because the goal of this server is to recreate EQMac. It has its quirks but its actually not that cumbersome to use, it just takes time to get used to it. I am sure there are other technical reasons as to why the Titanium client wasn't used. Everyone here is spoiled by the perks of Titanium. The true "classic" client is what Alkabor is using.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

Also, you can multiple windows up (3 boxes) and alt tab between them. Then I believe. F12 will give you mouse control outsode of EQ unless you alt tab out for browsing, etc.
Sketched may know more than I on the matter however.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't windowed mode, can't mouse scroll.. Why do they have the worlds crappiest client?
Raid window but no scrolling??
can definitely windowed mode the TAKP client
Old 05-28-2016, 03:38 PM
Banned

The camera works that way on TAKP because that's how EQ cameras used to work. Imagine trying to pvp having to switch 1st/3rd quickly. We got used to it.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:43 AM
Sarnak

Can easily get third person view on TAK client and Windows mode. To mimic third person zoom out - Hit F9 3 times. then use the keys above the arrow keys to zoom in and out( Page Up, Page Down ) as you please. It works, not as great as titanium, but it works. Real, Classic EQ pre 2003 was meant to be played in first person, that's how all the original clients were up through PoP. And that's how I like my EQ
Last edited by Happy; 05-29-2016 at 01:48 AM..
Old 05-29-2016, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can easily get third person view on TAK client and Windows mode. To mimic third person zoom out - Hit F9 3 times. then use the keys above the arrow keys to zoom in and out( Page Up, Page Down ) as you please. It works, not as great as titanium, but it works. Real, Classic EQ pre 2003 was meant to be played in first person, that's how all the original clients were up through PoP. And that's how I like my EQ
Hit F9 Twice, then DELETE / INSERT keys to zoom in and out
Old 05-30-2016, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

Nephilim is formed and growing - come on over and check us out! Still waiting to hear from you Happy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread