Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 04:31 PM
Kobold

Default Wizard quad advice.

Hello!

I am level 30 wizard and attempting to quad. I have 194 int and Staff of Temperate Flux. I am looking for advice from more experienced wizards. Here are my issues.

What do I do when I get a resist on my snare? It happens all the dam time! I get 3 snared but one resists. Then I hafta waste mana getting him snared. Round them all up try to resnare them all and that takes a lot of mana. I go oom and cant finish the quad. As of now I just zone if my first snare gets resisted.

Is it normal to re apply my snare in a quad? The first snare usually fades before I can quad them all down. And if I get a resist on my second snare it really messes things up!

Right now Im trying to quad gnolls in SK. Maybe they have a high resist rate or something. If anyone has suggestions for level 30 that would be great.

Also if anyone has any extra int gear I have 300 plat to spend. I still need a waist, legs, hands, cape and shoulders. They are all empty slots.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2018, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Quadding gnolls at 30 is definitely going to be rough, I think these are more for 32+ and after the 34 AoE much more efficient. Honestly even though you have the first snare spell, that doesnt mean you have to use it.

Make use of SoW buffs from others when you can, and strafe while running for that little extra. Circle of Force at 34 makes things better, and levels is the best thing you can do about resists. Always quad the lowest blues of your level if you can handle it. At 30 if I am not mistaken, level 22-29 mobs are blue range.

I think I quadded maybe Brutes out in Warsilisks woods around near the Dalnir caves, perhaps after that giant skeletons in RM near Lake Rathe zone if I recall.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:08 PM
Aviak

Some solid advice Kaezyr. When I was leveling the wizard a little rule I set for myself was to quad things roughly 80% of your level. So at 30 that would be around 24. Might have to use the wiki to look up levels of mobs. If you are unsure about a certain target for quadding you can always just pull one, and nuke it down with your quad spell, throw in 2 snares as well to see if you have the mana to kill 4 of them. Is a much safer way to initially test out mobs.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:22 PM
Sarnak

What race? Qeynos there is a repeatable quest for the lore scrolls the gnolls drop. Gem Inlaid Quest but you don't complete it. It gave more exp than killing the gnolls. You bind in Qeynos then port back.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:06 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the advice!

Not choosing lower level mobs was my problem. I tried a few pulls in Giant Fort in WW and did really good. Way less resists. I still get a few resists but not bad at all. Problem is its pretty camped and people got pretty butt hurt. And I didnt even pull 4, just 2 to test it out and people got all mad lol.

I looked for brutes like you said but I didnt find very many. They seem to be spread all over. Maybe Im in the wrong spot.

Ive been looking all over today trying to find a good spot for level 30. I would like to find a spot that will get me to 34. I might try gnolls at 34.

I was just killing single target but its pretty slow. But its really easy and safer with my new snare.

Even if I could find a spot with 2 or 3 mobs to aoe down that would be fine for me.

Any other ideas on a good quad spot?

Thanks again!
Old 02-24-2018, 09:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What race? Qeynos there is a repeatable quest for the lore scrolls the gnolls drop. Gem Inlaid Quest but you don't complete it. It gave more exp than killing the gnolls. You bind in Qeynos then port back.
I am a giant forehead Eurdite! Yeah I sold my scrolls. I really need the plat to get my empty gear slots filled. Id like to be over 200 int. Almost there!
Old 02-24-2018, 09:53 PM
Aviak

If you venture over to Swamp of No Hope, head into the tunnel that leads to Trakanon's Teeth.
There are, iirc, 9 iksar exils in that tunnel, all level 23. One group of 3, and another group of 6.
You would absolutely need levitate and would probably have to pull the 3 out of the tunnel to flat ground, but that is a great spot that Ive leveled both a ranger and druid there.
I think they turn light blue at 31 but its solid consistent exp up to 32 or 33, pretty good loot as well.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the advice!

Not choosing lower level mobs was my problem. I tried a few pulls in Giant Fort in WW and did really good. Way less resists. I still get a few resists but not bad at all. Problem is its pretty camped and people got pretty butt hurt. And I didnt even pull 4, just 2 to test it out and people got all mad lol.

I looked for brutes like you said but I didnt find very many. They seem to be spread all over. Maybe Im in the wrong spot.

Ive been looking all over today trying to find a good spot for level 30. I would like to find a spot that will get me to 34. I might try gnolls at 34.

I was just killing single target but its pretty slow. But its really easy and safer with my new snare.

Even if I could find a spot with 2 or 3 mobs to aoe down that would be fine for me.

Any other ideas on a good quad spot?

Thanks again!
Check out Rathe Mountains, go to the Lake Rathe zone line and pull the Giant Skeletons, you shouldnt have problems pulling up to 4 if you want, you get old world mob HP, but granted non-fleeing mobs are not very ideal.

In Warsiliks Woods it is the northwest part of the zone (A on the map) and you have to find the caves pull the brutes some in groups of 2-3, and possibly a roamer or two inside the caves. Pull them out of the caves and quad near the cliff/coast iirc. Watch out for the occasional roaming giant that paths nearby though.

Do keep in mind though, I had Jboots at this level and never snared each mob individually to group them. Mana may be tighter if you have to do that. Recommend testing 1 mob with 4 casts of snare and maybe even a 5th and enough quad nukes to take it down.
Last edited by Kaezyr D`Shiv; 02-24-2018 at 11:01 PM..
Old 02-25-2018, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a giant forehead Eurdite! Yeah I sold my scrolls. I really need the plat to get my empty gear slots filled. Id like to be over 200 int. Almost there!
Would you consider that perhaps you would have more mana if you levelled with the scrolls instead of selling them?

With more levels you could also kill more effectively and earn more loot too.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you consider that perhaps you would have more mana if you levelled with the scrolls instead of selling them?

With more levels you could also kill more effectively and earn more loot too.
Good point! When I quad the gnolls in a few levels Ill turn in the scrolls if I get them.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! Ill go check them out today.

I went over to Rathe Mountains by the zone line to Rathe Lake and I could only find one Giant Skeleton. I ran all over looking. Ehhh who knows!

I didnt look inside the cave in WW! Ill go back and have a gander.

I would love Jboots. I need to start saving up. Its just hard as I spend a lot on spells and trying to get the rest of my empty slots filled. I would also like to get a hold of that Solist's Icy Wand as well. It looks great for finishing of a low HP mob.

Ok gonna go check out the spots that were suggested.

Thanks again everyone!
Closed Thread