Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Abashi's to a Kitten is the best and I need a screenie to harass some monks I know with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Congrats to whoever is beating ass (and dispelling) with it!
I won the Abashi, and I’m in core. I think every piece of loot you get has a story to tell, and this is a great story! Thanks everyone for coming together last night. It was fun!
Old 04-10-2019, 09:25 AM
Kobold

Aww. Still awesome that you got your first Vulak kill but next on the list is first Vulak drop! Gotta load those dice, my man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-10-2019, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

Grats Chillwin!
Old 04-10-2019, 09:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won the Abashi, and I’m in core. I think every piece of loot you get has a story to tell, and this is a great story! Thanks everyone for coming together last night. It was fun!
Yeah, Abashi's from the first Vulak 2.0 kill, in a 5-guild teamup is a pretty great backstory. Grats on the BIS 2hb! Now you just need them to implement triple attack (/tap)

I just like the idea of a Kittens monk getting Abashi off their first Vulak, I'd be linking that in guild chat every 10 minutes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Actually I'll do that anyway once I finally win ring 10
Old 04-10-2019, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Kittens has a Mask of Warfare from Vulak from last year. We didn't win anything from Vyemm or Vulak but that's how it shakes out when you have 2 drops and 3-5 guilds. Definitely worth reevaluating to see if 3-4 drops makes more sense with the stakes changing. In any event, it was fantastic to work together to take both down. Long night, for sure, but we had a blast.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

As an outside observer, I am glad that there is no palace intrigue and am refreshingly surprised by the good will on the part of most guilds involved. Good job, dudes and dudettes.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Aviak

Great write-up!
Old 04-10-2019, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, Abashi's from the first Vulak 2.0 kill, in a 5-guild teamup is a pretty great backstory. Grats on the BIS 2hb! Now you just need them to implement triple attack (/tap)

I just like the idea of a Kittens monk getting Abashi off their first Vulak, I'd be linking that in guild chat every 10 minutes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Actually I'll do that anyway once I finally win ring 10
It’s not a bis 2hb, it’s used from inventory as a click, other weapons beat it in dps
Old 04-10-2019, 10:28 AM
Fire Giant

I had a lot of fun. One of the highlights for me was how our alliance was able to handle 3 mobs in camp while having pulls ready on the line at the same time. Great teamwork!
Old 04-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Yep! I remember when Kittens got that Mask of Warfare off Vulak - it's when Ruiken from PS got his Abashi's. PS/Kittens team up on Vulak then - that was a lot of fun!

And yes, as someone pointed out earlier - PS has killed every dragon in NToV multiple times. We just don't join the race week in and week out for it - we're a bunch of casual scum that takes breaks and alternates targets, and doesn't care or desires to dominate content.

I want to give a shout out to Xystus of Kittens, Lavitzz of Blood Guard, Franswa of Core and Hollowlung of AG - it was great to have 3 (then 5) guild leaders come together in a show of unity and fun. After AM wiped to Vulak, it was definitely possible for each alliance to probably do it solo - so I appreciate the fact that people didn't just break an agreement the moment it no longer suited/benefited them exclusively.

Further, it was overkill but we had no way of knowing that - it's possible that the devs had put in some mechanic when Vulak hit 40% or 25% or 10% or who knows (as there was definitely other new mechanics) and sometimes it's best to enjoy having the encounter and being inclusive, even if it means loot gets split and some guilds don't walk away with an item (only the memory of a great experience!)

Last night was definitely one of my best memories of p99 - something I'll always treasure. Thanks to everyone who made it happen - a special thanks to my dear Runyan of PS, who organized and led the PS/BG/Kittens alliance raid last night - he did a fantastic job, and thanks all the people who offered suggestions, helped with pulls, tanked adds, and CH chained for seemingly hours in end to make it all happen.
Closed Thread