Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Default Macro 'social name' field text defaults to black since patch (hard to read)

This is pretty minor, but it caused me some confusion. I thought my macro name field was broken until I clicked on some colors and realized what was happening.

Here is how it is on blue, and was on green before today's patch:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Default text in the macro prompt is white. When you produce a macro with this, the macro text on the resultant button is black.

Here is how it is on green now:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Default text in the macro prompt is black, almost invisible. Clicking on a color makes it visible, of course.

If the macro edit window was the classic stone/marble background one, I think the default text should indeed be black, but with the velious one we're using, it's just hard to see.

edit: posted in the ui discussion thread also
Last edited by bubur; 10-21-2019 at 04:54 PM..
Old 10-21-2019, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

suggest posting this in:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=336341
Velious99UI - Green Server UI - Feedback/Bugs/Discussion
Old 10-21-2019, 04:53 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Heya. This has been a back and forth battle of what to set the default Color to be. Black or White. I think we plan on re-doing this window at some point. By default the black text looks better on the white buttons, but has poor contrast in the window. I honestly don’t know which is better. People internally seemed really on-board with black default text.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

well if its any addition to the debate, white is at least visible. the button that gets produced isnt as clean, but a player can then right click it and make it black immediately

it being black by default almost had me making a thread that my macro names weren't working at all, because i couldnt see the text, the blinking indicator, or get any feedback from clicking on the field

just my 2 cp tho! im on the white side of the debate
Old 10-21-2019, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

Is there no way to separate white text in the macro window from white text in the button icon, at least until the player opts to change the color themselves?

Is there no way to change the text field to another color (white?) if black text is going to be the default?

Maybe a shade of gray that at least works for both fields?
Old 10-21-2019, 05:16 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there no way to separate white text in the macro window from white text in the button icon, at least until the player opts to change the color themselves?

Is there no way to change the text field to another color (white?) if black text is going to be the default?

Maybe a shade of gray that at least works for both fields?
Yeah I will probably change it to a gray Color. Unfortunately the color of the selected button overwrites the defined text color of the text entry. So we need to try and choose a Color that looks good in both instances. We have flip flopped the color at least 5 times. :P
Closed Thread