Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noselacri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference is that not everyone's starting an iksar on Kunark's launch day. The vast majority of players are gonna be on their level 50 mains. Given the small selection of classes available to iksars and the fact that they technically have two starting zones (you don't have to level in FoB), I'm not convinced it'll be bad enough that opening a second server will be necessary. And I say that as someone who will be playing an iksar. When green launched, 100% of the playerbase was starting from fresh, so even though they were spread out across a number of starting zones, I don't expect the iksar region to be as crowded as green's launch was.

Why go through the trouble to re-open teal for like three days? FoB might have a hundred dudes in it on launch night but it's not like that's gonna remain the case. Now that there's the possibility of getting ported and bound in some other starting zone, I doubt anyone will find themselves unable to play an iksar just because there's too many of them around.
You might be right, but let's play this one out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0
Everyone was level 1 when green started, but we had about 12 starting areas.

If Kunark launch pop is similar to Green launch pop and 8-10% of people decide to roll an Iksar and play in the Iksar newbie yard, it will be similar congestion to the other starting areas on Day 1 of Green.
On launch day we had 2652 peak pop. Day 2 was 2442. Day 3 was 2077. It was either that day or the following Day Teal came out. One reason for the pre-Teal population drop was overcrowding.

Let's say 2652 all spread out evenly across the 12 or so starting areas. That's 221 people per starting area. Probably had more in gfay/qeynos and fewer in innothule/feerrott.

How many people do you think are going to roll Iksars and go to field of bone the first day of kunark?
Old 10-14-2020, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On launch day we had 2652 peak pop. Day 2 was 2442. Day 3 was 2077. It was either that day or the following Day Teal came out. One reason for the pre-Teal population drop was overcrowding.

Let's say 2652 all spread out evenly across the 12 or so starting areas. That's 221 people per starting area. Probably had more in gfay/qeynos and fewer in innothule/feerrott.

How many people do you think are going to roll Iksars and go to field of bone the first day of kunark?
So if you feel FoB is too crowded then wait a few days and then roll your Iksar.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if you feel FoB is too crowded then wait a few days and then roll your Iksar.
The initial madhouse rush is the fun part here. Everything else is the same business-as-usual that we've had on "Blue" for 11 years. Watching gank squads of newbies running around slaughtering anything that moved was the most amusing experience I had on "Green."

Danth
Old 10-14-2020, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You sure do take this game seriously lol
Old 10-14-2020, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD288
Facts first, conclusions later.

How many people do you think are gonna roll Iksars day 1 and rock around in FoB?

I'm curious. Who knows if Teal will get re-released. I do believe it never should have merged in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros
You sure do take this game seriously lol
I am just curious how the world works, and by extension how microcosms of the world work.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:54 AM
Fire Giant

I would venture to guess that at most 5-10% of the playerbase will make serious iksar alts that they actually intend to play, but in the first few hours there'll be loads more who roll up an iksar just to dick around and talk shit in FoB /ooc.

With iksars essentially having two starting zones (granted, LOIO is a lot crappier than FoB/Kurns, but it's there) I think it'll probably be fine within 48 hours.
Last edited by greatdane; 10-15-2020 at 12:58 AM..
Old 10-15-2020, 01:00 AM
Banned

4 Types of People on Kunark Launch Day
1. Neckbeards rushing to be the first to get an item to show off or sell for crazy high price
2. People who make an ikky necro, monk, or shaman
3. People who don't care and just want to experience classic
4. People who forgot kunark existed

Can't wait to see what Kunark has in store for p99 community
Old 10-15-2020, 06:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noselacri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference is that not everyone's starting an iksar on Kunark's launch day. The vast majority of players are gonna be on their level 50 mains. Given the small selection of classes available to iksars and the fact that they technically have two starting zones (you don't have to level in FoB), I'm not convinced it'll be bad enough that opening a second server will be necessary. And I say that as someone who will be playing an iksar. When green launched, 100% of the playerbase was starting from fresh, so even though they were spread out across a number of starting zones, I don't expect the iksar region to be as crowded as green's launch was.

Why go through the trouble to re-open teal for like three days? FoB might have a hundred dudes in it on launch night but it's not like that's gonna remain the case. Now that there's the possibility of getting ported and bound in some other starting zone, I doubt anyone will find themselves unable to play an iksar just because there's too many of them around.
Castle2.0's interest in seeing Teal reopened 100% begins and ends with his desire to more effectively shitsock /list camps from day one until the items are removed. He's not interested in arguing the pros/cons in good faith, he starts with the conclusion of "I want KunarkTeal" and shoehorns his evidence to revolve around that.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Castle2.0's interest in seeing Teal reopened 100% begins and ends with his desire to more effectively shitsock /list camps from day one until the items are removed. He's not interested in arguing the pros/cons in good faith, he starts with the conclusion of "I want KunarkTeal" and shoehorns his evidence to revolve around that.
Says the bad-faith idiot who starts from this assumption, and avoids any reasonable argument. Your "Castle2.0 is just a l3wt camper" argument got blown apart - looks like you forgot. You can go back and read the long list of "l3wtz" I never camped on Green. /bonk

Fammaden, I know you are President of my fanclub and will follow me around cheering in various threads. But really now, it's a little embarrassing, and I'm blushing.
Closed Thread