Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Not as many full blown no lifers/ disabled (fat)/ unemployed(lazy) back in them days either
Old 05-10-2021, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2021, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargryllz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every single enchanter you knew was terrible
Yes! Terrible is classic!
Old 05-10-2021, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is proof that wizards and necromancers could tank as well as warriors
Old 05-10-2021, 02:37 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2021, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

Ah the good ol days when the expansion came with the full version of the base game. Good luck finding that in modern gaming.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah the good ol days when the expansion came with the full version of the base game. Good luck finding that in modern gaming.
now we just have games like path of exile where everything is free

future sucks
Old 05-10-2021, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargryllz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every single enchanter you knew was terrible
Nope, was the other way around. Remember having a single enchanter keeping 30 mobs in PoH simultaneously mezzed day in and day out.

It’s simple math, really. Why do larger schools football teams destroy smaller schools football teams?

When you had millions of people playing this game and COMPETING against one another, you end up with the best players in the world at the very top. You will never convince me that the top 5% of 2 million players who played this game during their prime, in an era where getting outperformed simply meant you lost are suddenly inferior to a bunch of disabled and unemployed grandpas playing the game 20 years later.

When I played a monk or rogue groups didn’t just invite you because they had a spot, there was usually 5-6 other monks/rogues looking for a group. I was notorious for stealing other groups pulls, which was legal. I pissed a lot of people off by doing this, and ironically one of the guys who cursed me out later asked me to join his group and even told his group that he thought I was an asshole, but he knew if I was in the group we would at least get plenty of mobs and that the other groups were being aggressive towards them. I was the type of rogue to literally follow you back to your group if you stole my pull and KS the mob from your entire group, and epic rogues could easily do this at the time.

The game was super aggressive and competitive and when you have millions of young, hardcore gamers you end up with the best players in the world at the very top. P99 community is far from the cream of the crop, and the best players wouldnt survive in real Everquest. They have a nervous meltdown over getting killed because they AFK at zone lines and die to trains.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now we just have games like path of exile where everything is free

future sucks
Sure its free but all the nice stuff is locked behind the shop. Hope you enjoy looking like a turd in game after farming for 1,000 hours in your free game.

There are so many of them too! I mean you got PoE, and .....
Old 05-10-2021, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure its free but all the nice stuff is locked behind the shop. Hope you enjoy looking like a turd in game after farming for 1,000 hours in your free game.

There are so many of them too! I mean you got PoE, and .....
... league of legends???

lose the edge and lift some weights
Closed Thread