Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Given the current situation I would go for +intelligence and have him become a programmer or "computer engineer" because thats where the money is.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-11-2021, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

I was wondering if DEX max for pal is good for all their procs?
Old 05-12-2021, 08:59 AM
Banned

Agi

50 extra hitpoints is absolutely meaningless at lvl 60.

When you go under 20% hp u need enough agi from stats and gear to stay above 75 agi. Also 130 agi is the sweet spot for not getting hit for 240 dmg every 20 or so rounds, so once per fight at high level, or twice if you're lucky.

20 sta = 50 hp at most and it's a generous estimate. Most of your hp will come from gear.

The charisma or wisdom are both also solid advice.
Last edited by starkind; 05-12-2021 at 09:05 AM..
Old 05-12-2021, 03:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50 extra hitpoints is absolutely meaningless at lvl 60.
20 sta = 50 hp at most and it's a generous estimate. Most of your hp will come from gear.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Me...nt_Calculation

5.2 * 20 = 104
Old 05-12-2021, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

If you're a min max the best stat is charisma on a non dwarf thats guaranteed promise. Dwarf don't even bother.
If you're normal the best stat is wisdom

The melee stats will be OK but a hybrid without spells is dumb and larger manapool means longer on your feet when the going gets tough.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

104 hps may look silly, it is, but it's a big deal if you are trying to be seen serious tanking as a knight. People WILL ask your hps. I only stam cap with a rocksmasher or a shield of the stalwart seas. I have a Prexus totem still.

Basically knights start at about 5k hps raid buffed and end up like low 6k with BiS gear. Every 100hps is a notch of being taken a bit more serious. Unless you rolled a dwarf it's not easy to get there, casually at least. Worst case you cap stamina unbuffed...more hps no matter what and you can optimize better.

Pick whatever you want with those points. STR is great but you can carry less crap or get tink bags. CHA is fun but I have 209 self buffed with a bag of garbage I carry everywhere. Dex is silly (sorry) as is Agility; there are sham buffs that stack with Focus for that. Wisdom and mana are great but when the heal-tank is empty nobody criticizes you for not having mana to heal a rogue. Flash of light is 12 mana...

It's HP's. It always is. You're an aggro tank. Max the hps, spam Flash of Light, that's your role.

A solo paladin? That's easy. Click a DW helm or BP and wear them down. Do that for 60 levels and you beat the game.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
104 hps may look silly, it is, but it's a big deal if you are trying to be seen serious tanking as a knight. People WILL ask your hps. I only stam cap with a rocksmasher or a shield of the stalwart seas. I have a Prexus totem still.

Basically knights start at about 5k hps raid buffed and end up like low 6k with BiS gear. Every 100hps is a notch of being taken a bit more serious. Unless you rolled a dwarf it's not easy to get there, casually at least. Worst case you cap stamina unbuffed...more hps no matter what and you can optimize better.

Pick whatever you want with those points. STR is great but you can carry less crap or get tink bags. CHA is fun but I have 209 self buffed with a bag of garbage I carry everywhere. Dex is silly (sorry) as is Agility; there are sham buffs that stack with Focus for that. Wisdom and mana are great but when the heal-tank is empty nobody criticizes you for not having mana to heal a rogue. Flash of light is 12 mana...

It's HP's. It always is. You're an aggro tank. Max the hps, spam Flash of Light, that's your role.

A solo paladin? That's easy. Click a DW helm or BP and wear them down. Do that for 60 levels and you beat the game.
You’re a knight tanking though, nobody takes you serious. Be a warrior if you want to be taken seriously as a tank, knights do best with either wis/int or dex for super cool procs.
Last edited by Crede; 05-12-2021 at 11:01 PM..
Old 05-13-2021, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fair enough.

I never played at max lvl.

So my experience and reasoning was a little diff. I think it's easy to get gear with either some sta/str on it and definitely leveling, especially if done from scratch agi probably makes a noticeable difference in downtime.

But you're right in a raid it's going to be like 140 from buffs alone maybe.

Not needing charisma naked just incase does seem nice but pallies can also carry invis pots and since they sorta are stuck binding in cities they won't really have to go out of their way for like 4 or 5 instant click invis. But yeah ur going to want at least a crude stien or something inur bags.

I look at it this way. Solo or grp play, whatever is going to be a hard stat to raise. Charisma and dex have sorta both lower ac options.

I'm going to want my stats in the 120-130 range soloing by 55+, by then enchanters can aug, druids str. Shamans will easily cap anyone.

It sucks getting low hp then getting chunked cuz agi is 67... and 20 points would have put it up more near 80. It is dropping to 67 for me with 90 agi. So I reckon 98 agi or 99 would avoid that. I don't have any agi gear right now.

It used to be 100 sta, then the rest agi/dex. Idk keeping stats even is probably the power move.

If someone asked me how many hp I had id probably laugh at them. You're probably right tho.... also yeah it's more like 104 or 102 hp. I did my math poorly.

Lulls won't crit resist as often on greens so for stuff a pally might do to just chill isn't going to be a big deal cha wise.

20 wis gives nice returns on the number of roots u can cast. Maybe 1 extra heal. Tho end game heals are pretty efficient. Pally gets their own uber hot.

Cha is definitely useful.

Dex is nice..... but idk. The sweet spot for dex is really easy to achieve too from a single buff.

A lot of really nice pally gear isn't like super high agi.

Str is great while leveling but at like 210 offense if u ever hit 60 you'll only need 160 str buffed to get the x5 dmg multiplier from str. Planar gear and like a hero bracer and dwb and stuff will getchya there.

Finally a lot of times you'll favor resists over any other stats. So having decent base str, or agi isn't too shabby there. Idk sta is nice then too.

Lull is great but Pallies can root to help split and kills can be staggered. I never relied 100% on lull. Not without a backup or escape and reset plan.

Your advice is pretty sound but also so is sorta everyone's by my logic at that point it comes down to how ya feel and what #makes ya feels good.

Obviously eru/dwarf 75 agi is 100% viable. So. @op don't fret too much? You can literally play around Eru going all in on INT lol with a single piece of agi gear.

GL!

Root is best spell in game, dw clicky heal is crazy good too and totally common and affordable on blue/green.
Last edited by starkind; 05-13-2021 at 12:49 AM..
Old 05-13-2021, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

I've leveled my paladin to 59 almost completely solo and have only needed to use lull a handful of times. I can't imagine considering full points in CHA as being the 'min/max' choice. If anything put full points in WIS, at least that way you can potentially get an extra 700-875 hp from a heal with the added mana.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've leveled my paladin to 59 almost completely solo and have only needed to use lull a handful of times. I can't imagine considering full points in CHA as being the 'min/max' choice. If anything put full points in WIS, at least that way you can potentially get an extra 700-875 hp from a heal with the added mana.
When you're min max all your stats are pegged by +10 all stat items in almost every slot, and still charisma is low (if you're a dwarf) then you wish you had your 20 points in charisma.

In reality its a minor difference for most of your play career. Imagine being a high elf untwinked and being insane enough to minmax charisma being a 60 strength melee character? Brutal and you're encumbered for almost your entire leveling career with that build. should go strength to enjoy the journey more..right?
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread