Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-11-2021, 07:29 PM
Orc

Why don't you provide some evidence that this is a normal mechanic then? All I have seen is people saying it's always been like this, with no evidence provided. With thousands of people playing eq during classic, I can't find one instance of someone using this or talking about it at all.
Old 05-11-2021, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why don't you provide some evidence that this is a normal mechanic then? All I have seen is people saying it's always been like this, with no evidence provided. With thousands of people playing eq during classic, I can't find one instance of someone using this or talking about it at all.
I couldn't tell you if it's classic or not, but it's been coded this way on P99 since at least 2018 (probably 2011? my archery logs don't go back very far) so it wouldn't really surprise me if it went largely unnoticed on Live until they revamped it in Luclin.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

im not sure why ct did damage to him or why this is even relevant. he could have just ran in and taken melee swings or died when u wiped, or been on rampage range

there is no proof bowing caused him aggro and likely didnt
Old 05-11-2021, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Be honest, this has nothing to do with PVE.
This is pretty much it.

Look tune, I know you're mad that you've lost the server, no one cares to play with you anymore, and have gotten several toons banned recently because of training. But it doesn't mean you get to deceive and waste the Devs' time and energy.

Moving this to resolved.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is pretty much it.

Look tune, I know you're mad that you've lost the server, no one cares to play with you anymore, and have gotten several toons banned recently because of training. But it doesn't mean you get to deceive and waste the Devs' time and energy.

Moving this to resolved.
AHHH

there it is the post i was waiting for

yeah... thanks for the free bump, fix this
Old 05-12-2021, 07:04 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I couldn't tell you if it's classic or not, but it's been coded this way on P99 since at least 2018 (probably 2011? my archery logs don't go back very far) so it wouldn't really surprise me if it went largely unnoticed on Live until they revamped it in Luclin.
So youre assuming its been on p99, which has been using an out of era client, for years that it must have been like this on live? Logs from p99 are irrelevant as well. Doesn't mean it's classic.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So youre assuming its been on p99, which has been using an out of era client, for years that it must have been like this on live? Logs from p99 are irrelevant as well. Doesn't mean it's classic.
No? I was addressing your disbelief that it could have gone largely unnoticed on live by pointing out that it went unnoticed for even longer here. Also, this is server-side code; it has nothing to do with the client.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:37 AM
Orc

Quote:
No? I was addressing your disbelief that it could have gone largely unnoticed on live by pointing out that it went unnoticed for even longer here. Also, this is server-side code; it has nothing to do with the client.
So p99 sever doesn't have anything past velious. Nothing was taking out to make it classic..... ok bud.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It went largely un-noticed on p1999 by people pretty familiar with Eq game mechanics for a decade.

Doesn't seem unlikely it would go un-noticed on live by relative noobs for 2 years.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-12-2021, 07:58 AM
Orc

I'm sure the original eq devs planned for large races to outshine all others by way of a bow and a trashdrop vendor item.
Last edited by Beatnix; 05-12-2021 at 08:00 AM..