Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

You dont really need gear until 45-50. Stick it out in mistmoore till 40-42 ish then head to City of mist stables, then join one of the several guilds who clear plane of growth or hate and then profit
Old 06-17-2016, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

see, people *need* warriors tho. I have never played a tank class, but I know, the bottom line is, a good group needs one.

I am gonna guess, people have made comments about your gear? Admittedly, tank classes really need gear. I certainly did not make my first char here a tank! But you have to weigh that kind of bs against the fact I just staed above: groups need/want/love tanks.

I recommend just soldiering on. Gear comes with time. P99 is not going anywhere so time is not a factor.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:56 PM
Kobold

Get a rotting Infestation from DN, use it till 60
Old 06-18-2016, 11:08 AM
Banned

The truth is, it might be eaiser for you to make a necro, enc, or druid and level that -- then use the plat you get to make a warrior. But it is a long processes of not playing the character you originally planned to
Old 06-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The truth is, it might be eaiser for you to make a necro, enc, or druid and level that -- then use the plat you get to make a warrior. But it is a long processes of not playing the character you originally planned to
Terrible advice, just play your warrior it will be fine, easy to obtain good enough items along the way on p99, lots of cheap gear and good ratio/proc weapons
Old 06-21-2016, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Terrible advice, just play your warrior it will be fine, easy to obtain good enough items along the way on p99, lots of cheap gear and good ratio/proc weapons
Completely agree. ECmart will get you weapons at level 5 that 15 years ago you wish you had at level 50. Cloth/patchwork/rawhide/leather will easily tie you over until you can purchase a set of banded for 100pp or fill your slots in bronze.

From there the 'Crafted Armour' quest is a fun way to see the world at 30ish, which will carry you through to kunark / velious armour options.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what I did, main a chanter to 60 and then farm and kit our your alt.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

That said, if you think you'd enjoy levelling a character to 60 to outfit a melee twink... why not!? Worked for this one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what I did, main a chanter to 60 and then farm and kit our your alt.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

hehe that was not the mindset initially but to play classes I never did on Live. One caster to 60 then one Melee to 60.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hehe that was not the mindset initially but to play classes I never did on Live. One caster to 60 then one Melee to 60.
Yeah just get some Chardok proxies, easy right?
Closed Thread