Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It looks like at minimum I need Bloodpoints, a ToD and a whip for very slow xp. If I ad a Fungi and a Cobalt BP I can kick it up a notch, but not as good as group.

It's tough, I have a hard time getting groups, so this is something I'd like to be able to do during downtime. I will look into that technique Naethyn, it looks like a challenge.
karnor's castle, just have to hang out there until upper 50s
Old 10-26-2017, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It looks like at minimum I need Bloodpoints, a ToD and a whip for very slow xp. If I ad a Fungi and a Cobalt BP I can kick it up a notch, but not as good as group.

It's tough, I have a hard time getting groups, so this is something I'd like to be able to do during downtime. I will look into that technique Naethyn, it looks like a challenge.
If you find it hard to get groups just duo up with a 36 druid. Their job is to DS / Heal and port you. Go duo somewhere they can port near, like dreadlands.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

shaman is by far the better duo, the druid can port you for like 50pp then go away
Old 10-26-2017, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

There are some skeles in Dreadlands which should still give exp and are easy single pulls and they don't run.

About 30 seconds run south of the wizard port in or south-west of the druid port in.

Some will be green but some will be blue.

Only problem is there's no zone line to run to if you get in a tight spot but you can always outrun the mob far enough (you have jboots or sow pots right?) and camp out the aggro.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:50 PM
Aviak

I solo pretty effectively at 56 in KC, it can be done at 53 with the right items. Key items include:

Silken Whip of Ensnaring
Polished Obsidian Great Axe

That's it. Now if you want to make it even more efficient you can add these nice optional items.

Fungi/Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate - Anything helps
Blood Fire for extra DoT damage
Runed Blade for sweet Rune 3 proc or Blood Points to heal back some health.

Pull a sentry to the exit and use the whip and blood fire until snare procs, if I get the boil blood proc then that's a bonus. Not necessary. As soon as it's snared you quickly swap to the great axe for a fear proc. Now once it's feared and running I switch to the Runed blade and hope for a proc so when fear breaks I don't take unneeded damage. Let it chase you back to the exit and fear it again. Sometimes I'm able to kill stuff in one fear, other times it takes a couple. Guardians and skeletons have more HP than the sentries so it will take a couple for them. I wouldn't take on a guardian unless you have evasive available to use.

I've had strings of luck where I can kill 3 or 4 in a row without stopping and end at about 50% hp which makes the following down time worth it. 4 or 5 kills is 1% exp for me right now.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:27 AM
Planar Protector

I made a mistake on my infograph; the guano harvester quickly casts invis, not see invis at spawn *facepalm*
Closed Thread