Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Biden will probably never do this, but I wanted to talk about it anyway, again.

How would you feel if U.S. manufacturers operated tax free, even got a subsidy from the government. But still had to follow some basic pollution guidelines (so, they like made mercury and carbon get sequestered with existing technologies we could make public domain, or subsidize).

I know we can manufacture pretty cleanly and pay people and AIs a pretty decent basic income. Like. I think this is a good idea. Would be really heroic.

Our corps are all very heavily invested overseas. Thats a problem. And those CEOs are way above American laws.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:55 PM
Banned

do any of you nerds agree that i'm gravydoo? bowser haw haw haw
Old 02-03-2021, 10:37 AM
Banned

i love that. Like, such suspicion! The intrigue! Its impossible to ride a bike 100 miles so yer a liar, kitten. the tour de france is a false flag
Old 02-03-2021, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
491_psychological look alike_result_result.jpg
Gravy, who?
Old 02-03-2021, 10:59 AM
Banned

My chameleon-esque online presence cannot be contained by a single forum account.

Thank you for your support. lol
Old 02-03-2021, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plz don't be.

----

Just incase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Biden will probably never do this, but I wanted to talk about it anyway, again.

How would you feel if U.S. manufacturers operated tax free, even got a subsidy from the government. But still had to follow some basic pollution guidelines (so, they like made mercury and carbon get sequestered with existing technologies we could make public domain, or subsidize).

I know we can manufacture pretty cleanly and pay people and AIs a pretty decent basic income. Like. I think this is a good idea. Would be really heroic.

Our corps are all very heavily invested overseas. Thats a problem. And those CEOs are way above American laws.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:10 PM
Banned

still burrrilliant
Old 02-05-2021, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-06-2021, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

god can you summarize; absolute brick of text that literally no one is reading

are you with him or not

and also give me 50k thanks
Old 02-07-2021, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

So Biden wrote this gem: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...und-the-world/

I'm all for equal rights but forcing our views on other nations seems like a giant pile of WTF.

Edit to add:

I was looking forward to something like this. Looks like Biden is at a minimum going to give good lip service to republicans regarding getting in bed with China. One of my personal main concerns was how we as a nation were going to compete with a mass shipment of cheap goods from overseas. Several friends and family members live in the midwest where a lot of our factories are making things. Also even for things like GE home appliances and General Motors being based here in the USA those companies (and others like them) rely very heavily on components made in China. Factories and workers here simply can't compete with $20/day workers in China. Anyway, Biden posted his:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...-in-the-world/

Quote:
And we’ll also take on directly the challenges posed by our prosperity, security, and democratic values by our most serious competitor, China.

We’ll confront China’s economic abuses; counter its aggressive, coercive action; to push back on China’s attack on human rights, intellectual property, and global governance.

But we are ready to work with Beijing when it’s in America’s interest to do so. We will compete from a position of strength by building back better at home, working with our allies and partners, renewing our role in international institutions, and reclaiming our credibility and moral authority, much of which has been lost.
Last edited by Blingy; 02-07-2021 at 11:30 AM..
Closed Thread