Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Default Iksar Warriors Pre-Velious?

Just wondering how Iskar Warriors hold up at end-game in Kunark. What does their end-game armor setup look like in Kunark? (I know they can't wear Cobalt)
Old 01-20-2021, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

I've heard they're roughly 10% "worse" based on the gear available at the very end game, and getting stunned from the front, but in velious they catch up, and potentially get a few % advantage over other races.

This is based on just what I've read I have no experience in it!

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 01-20-2021, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

You dont want to hear this response, but nothing matters.

Your gear least of all.

Everyone is too good at the game, knows too much, optimizes too much, raid with too many people.

Just roll whatever race/class you like, nothing matters.*

*except rolling as Ogre for stun immunity
Old 01-20-2021, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre stun immunity is highly overrated, especially in the era of click aggro.

Calling it stun immunity is a lie. It only works when a stun attack comes from the frontal cone. Ogres can still be stunned from the back or the side.

It does not prevent interruption on spell cast. Ogres can still be pushed out of a spell. They can still be stunned out of a spell from the back or the side.

There may be once or twice in the life of your character where it actually makes a difference. Those once or twice moments could be huge, or they could be insignificant.

There are other racials that offer just as much versatility like AC bonus or regen or sneak or hide or faction or even forage for the time where your cleric is out of food but for some reason you have a stack of water pods.

Summary: don't pick a character just for ogre frontal stun immunity.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

me ogre, me smash
Old 01-20-2021, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Great thanks alot. I mainly wasn't sure how much the lack of Cobalt hurt them in Kunark
Old 01-20-2021, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Oh maybe I misunderstood your definition of end game, I don't think warriors wear cobalt at all in actual end game raiding, and you don't need the buffs they provide cause you've got a group around you to buff you up anyway. Pretty sure the only very valuable one to have is the shrink one, but as anything but ogre/troll it's not needed anyway!

Cobalt buffs are more suited for doing small group/solo stuff I think!

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 01-20-2021, 02:55 PM
Banned

Frontal stun immunity is definitely a perk for a small DPS boost when tanking which bodes well for the ogre, the AC bonus for iksar which moves the cap bodes well for taking less quad max hits which is crucial in big fights.

In Kunark ogres with better starting stats and plate gear are the superior tank
I’m Velious with Equal gear I’d say the scale tips toward iksar, especially on unslowables.
As others have said unless you are min/maxxing for a couple of percentage points of mitigation or DMG with endgame gear race doesn’t really make much difference.
Old 01-20-2021, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

gnome war master race
Old 01-20-2021, 04:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogre stun immunity is highly overrated, especially in the era of click aggro.

Calling it stun immunity is a lie. It only works when a stun attack comes from the frontal cone. Ogres can still be stunned from the back or the side.

It does not prevent interruption on spell cast. Ogres can still be pushed out of a spell. They can still be stunned out of a spell from the back or the side.

There may be once or twice in the life of your character where it actually makes a difference. Those once or twice moments could be huge, or they could be insignificant.

There are other racials that offer just as much versatility like AC bonus or regen or sneak or hide or faction or even forage for the time where your cleric is out of food but for some reason you have a stack of water pods.

Summary: don't pick a character just for ogre frontal stun immunity.

Cool Story, did you know that when you are stunned your riposte and parry stop working? So when an ogre does not get stunned tanking he will take less dmg then all other races.