Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Yes. Normally when you cast a spell it takes a couple of seconds for your spell bar to open up to casting another spell.

Using instaclick items instantly refreshes your spell bar's cooldown timer.

Putting these two facts together you can

Cast spell
Finish casting spell
Hit instaclick
Cast spell

instead of

Cast spell
Finish casting spell
Wait a couple of seconds
Cast spell

Which is pretty useful.

It also has some interesting interplay with how spell slot 1 works, but that is a little more complicated and I won't go into that now.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Never thought about that, thxu~
Old 11-21-2017, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

If you're a wizard trying to just burn down a mob chain casting your biggest DD in its face using up all your mana, this trick can pretty much increase your dps x1.5 it's quite crazy o_O day and night. I got it (the scope) at like level 20 or so and it completely blew my mind how I could have played all these years without it hehe.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:16 PM
Sarnak

Spell slot 1 is the only slot that insta-refreshes the gem slot irregardless of its cool down, after using an insta-clicky. It won't bypass the spell cooldown, but it will refresh the spell gem slot so you can cast that spell again. For spells that take longer to cast then to refresh, it saves time and lives.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:07 AM
Orc

Being able to spam heals and nukes is awesome and useful, and there's lots of scenarios where it's game changing, like:

-- Casting Jboots or invis on the run
-- Fast canni for shaman
-- Insta charm break for charming classes with insta-invis items
-- Agro reset for Necros and SKs with FD and pre-nerf circlet
-- Quick junk buffs for fights where you're getting dispelled

Also, even clickies that have a casting time reset the timer when they're done. For example, with a shaman you can canni immediately after the 8 second cast of the JBB and then click the JBB with no delay, sneaking in a canni between casts. So even long cast clickies let you do voodoo with the timer. Potions work the same way.

My necro doesn't have Jboots but I'm guessing you could click them on the run and then click the circlet really fast and basically be able to cast your run speed buff on the run without dropping your invis? Either way, casting on the run is awesome.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But why the need for instant clickies? Do they serve a function besides their intended use?
The client normally disables spell gems for a short period of time after casting, so you cannot cast spells back to back without waiting for the spell gems to become enabled. If you use an instant click item though, the spell gems will immediately be unlocked and you can cast. This enables you to do things like cast color slant (6 second stun) and allure (6 second cast) to recharm a mob as an enchanter without being hit... normally the spell gem lockout would not allow you to cast charm immediately after stun and you would take damage, maybe even get stunned yourself or interrupted
Old 11-22-2017, 01:05 PM
Fire Giant

Does anyone know if Star of Eyes requires a target to click cast or an item on your cursor?
Do you have to be a Wizard?
What is the minimum level to get the Glowing Chest container from the Tarton's Wheel Quest?
The wiki lists the quest as minimum level 35, but maybe that's just for the final turn-in?
Does anyone know the respawn timer on the ground rods?

I will test these questions and report back once I complete.

BTW Star of Eyes is an amazing potential option! I'm going for it on my 60 enchanter.

Rod of Insidious Glamour requires a target and is annoying with the spell particles it creates. Sometimes it can conceal the particles of the spell the NPC is casting.

Goblin Earring requires sacrificing an earring slot.

Kromzek Surveryor Scope causes migraines.

10/10 great advice forum!
Last edited by gkmarino; 11-22-2017 at 01:16 PM..
Old 11-22-2017, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone know if Star of Eyes requires a target to click cast or an item on your cursor?
It requires a target but does not require an item on your cursor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have to be a Wizard?
Anyone can use it from inventory

Quote:
Does anyone know the respawn timer on the ground rods?
30 secs maybe? Very short either way.

One less known fact about Star of Eyes is that the Identify spell is regarded as a beneficial spell and therefor can be used for secondary aggro tagging (useful for when grabbing faction hits, etc)
On Discord: NextToTheGods#0088
<Riot>
[Enchanter] Falamin (Dark Elf)
[Bard] Telrin (Half Elf)
[Shaman] Warzog (Ogre)
[Druid] Vildar (Wood Elf)
[Necromancer] Szersis (Iksar)
[Monk] Raszis (Iksar)
[Cleric] Atrial (Human)
[Wizard] Atomize (Gnome)
[Mule] Plotlard (Human)
Last edited by NextToTheGods; 11-22-2017 at 01:31 PM..
Old 11-22-2017, 01:30 PM
Orc

I've read that Star of Eyes also has a smaller targeting range than Rod of Insidious Glamour.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Soulfire should be equipped for clicky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread