Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 03:33 PM
Banned

Oh Yeah! Secrets.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tbh, we’ve learned to talk around the bullshit since this basically happens when any trans topic gets brought up. I’m ok with a public forum for discourse.

America, Nexii, Katrik, Secrets, and myself are the out trans women I’m aware of if you wanted to pursue it that way though.
Thanks.
If anyone wants to PM me their responses, feel free.
Last edited by this user was banned; 10-15-2018 at 03:35 PM..
Old 10-15-2018, 03:50 PM
Banned

This thread succeeded in making me feel sad. 5 stars
Old 10-15-2018, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

I don't think you're going to draw too much conclusions from a study with a sample size of about six.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think you're going to draw too much conclusions from a study with a sample size of about six.
I think these forums may have a slight bias.

The real question is. Why do any of us post here?

Sometimes I think I'm already dead and this is just the entropic fuzz of my mind rambling to itself until I fall into static.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Hi. I like to play rogues and elves. I started playing EQ at 17 and decided it wasn’t worth the grief my irl friends would give me for playing a girl, so male wood elf back on live. Later on, I saw a higher level wood elf rogue girl, I thought she was a really pretty character, so I was kicking myself for not making main female. I played a female DE rogue for a short while, but the social interactions were weird and I ended up quitting for Lineage II shortly afterwards anyways.

Decided I wasn’t going to deal with that regret in another game so Jetta, my dark elf assassin, was born without much rumination and I loved that character. I decided I was gonna try out a female online identity. That lasted about a month or two, I made friends with someone and he invited me to his clan... I learned what ventrilo was. +2 years male online identity.

When I joined this magical place, I decided I just wouldn’t talk. I kept that up for about a year so and most people called me she and it was nice, albeit real awkward and I eventually outed myself to try to support Katrik and represent trans women / cultivate empathy with people who didn’t understand us. Ha ha.

Anyways I’m always playing females now... I can’t play guys anymore. Weirds me out. Lineage II taught me that I like PvP and that I’m one hell of a grifer. I was a very notorious pk. I don’t like leading, but I’m good at it. Most raids I end up giving orders to the dps who are bad at the game. Social is very important to me but I played EQ to forget I was too poor to transition. I’ve backstabbed more than a few guilds to keep my pixels flowing. It was a drug to me.

I’m currently transitioning on hormones since last October (MTF) and by far the biggest change in my video game habits is the fact I don’t play video games anymore. I’m waaaay more into socializing with people than I used to be and video games are incredibly boring for me now. It’s fortunate. I have a lot of work to do on getting my life together and I can finally work towards it without feeling compelled to check out mentally for 12+ hours every day.
Last edited by Cecily; 10-15-2018 at 05:00 PM..
Old 10-15-2018, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

It’s called a discussion. It’s not a scientific survey. People ask you questions and you answer those questions and maybe they want to ask more questions based off what you answered.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:58 PM
Sarnak

That's ok, this wasn't intended to be a scientific study anyway, although I think it would be awesome to see the results of one.

Anyway, thanks to those who have responded to me here or in PMs.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s called a discussion. It’s not a scientific survey. People ask you questions and you answer those questions and maybe they want to ask more questions based off what you answered.

Hope this helps.
It certain did thanks. I always wondered if sex hormones played a role in people's preferences. Some people are quick to deny gendered preferences as sexist, but there could be a scientific basis behind them.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Most women aren’t hardcore video gamers and it’s not completely out of the question to suggest that switching my brain chemistry to a female one made me less interested in something most females aren’t that interested in. As far as I know, though, the rest of the trans women here are gamers for life.
Closed Thread