Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattitude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah crystal caverns is definitely my favorite place for the 30s. Never have to fight for mobs. Trying to get my necro up higher so I can go to ToFS. Lemme know how it goes!
ToFS level 1 is pretty good exp 30+, you'll have to deal with slight trains, as it's easy to agro 2-3 at a time, but it's manageable since the zoneout is RIGHT THERE.

Level 2 is, in my opinion, the hardest level adjusted "zone" in the game. The mobs are super, non classically OP, will charm your pet, then bend you over.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamBlanky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can an Iksar monk use vendors in the Coldain town? I’m thinking of popping up to finish 39 and farm some plat.
Yes!! It really helps a lot. The velium you get off of orcs and crystalline spider silks have player value and I've banked a ton of them. Not really sure what it's worth yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So make sure to have plenty of bank room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ToFS level 1 is pretty good exp 30+, you'll have to deal with slight trains, as it's easy to agro 2-3 at a time, but it's manageable since the zoneout is RIGHT THERE.

Level 2 is, in my opinion, the hardest level adjusted "zone" in the game. The mobs are super, non classically OP, will charm your pet, then bend you over.
I'm literally on a corpse run to TOFS right now. At 37 as a twink monk the lower level was super easy. Soloing 3 dogs at a time, no problem if you're too lazy to split.

The large undead gnoll key mob gave me a bit of a challenge since i was soloing 4 at once and he spawned after the 2nd shadow beast went down... he spawns after prior NPCs death like a jade reaver of VP worm... on top of that, he's a shaman and hits fairly hard, too.

I went up to the 2nd floor and got killed by Librarian almost immediately. I had probably 70% hp going in, no mend. Used my Staff of Battle to counter the Damage Shield, but she ended up finishing off my last 25% hp with a full-hitting nuke. Now I have to see if I can drag my corpse through the ceiling of level 1, because apparently your TOFS keys don't stay on the body.

I won't be fucking around on the second floor again for a good minute. Either I need higher level to resist more of the nukes, or I need a duo partner who has an interrupt/stun ability.

So I agree completely with what you said :-)

First floor is nice cause it's sectioned-off, so if your playstyle is short windows, I think ToFS is even better than Crystal Caverns in terms of "clear a room and go AFK til repops"

Pretty funny lunch break.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes!! It really helps a lot. The velium you get off of orcs and crystalline spider silks have player value and I've banked a ton of them. Not really sure what it's worth yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So make sure to have plenty of bank room.

I'm literally on a corpse run to TOFS right now. At 37 as a twink monk the lower level was super easy. Soloing 3 dogs at a time, no problem if you're too lazy to split.

The large undead gnoll key mob gave me a bit of a challenge since i was soloing 4 at once and he spawned after the 2nd shadow beast went down... he spawns after prior NPCs death like a jade reaver of VP worm... on top of that, he's a shaman and hits fairly hard, too.

I went up to the 2nd floor and got killed by Librarian almost immediately. I had probably 70% hp going in, no mend. Used my Staff of Battle to counter the Damage Shield, but she ended up finishing off my last 25% hp with a full-hitting nuke. Now I have to see if I can drag my corpse through the ceiling of level 1, because apparently your TOFS keys don't stay on the body.

I won't be fucking around on the second floor again for a good minute. Either I need higher level to resist more of the nukes, or I need a duo partner who has an interrupt/stun ability.

So I agree completely with what you said :-)

First floor is nice cause it's sectioned-off, so if your playstyle is short windows, I think ToFS is even better than Crystal Caverns in terms of "clear a room and go AFK til repops"

Pretty funny lunch break.
Level 3,4+6 is really good exp too. Similar to floor 1, they are nice for some easy semi afk/semi i might slash exit at any moment XP. I leveled Twochain up a fair amount in ToFS. Floor 6 is actually a GREAT place to level once you're high enough. Pretty much unlimited single or double pull warrior mobs. Just don't get raped by the 750DD trap lol. Level 5 has some really nice drops, but a lot of the mobs are clumped up, so it kind of sucks to level there with the FD/Sneak nerf.

2nd floor is just fucking bonkers man. I saw a level 60 necro get RAAAPED there. Fuckers charmed his pet and nuked the ever living fuck out of him.... Said mob became the toughest level 33 to ever exist. An OP enchanter casting spells way out of it's level range... with a level 60 necro pet. I also wiped like 5 times in one night on that floor with a FULL GROUP of level 35+ish players, and 2-3 of us were fungi twinks.

Even still, it's entirely possible for me to die on that floor. At level 60. Their DS seems like it hits for fucking 75, and I swear to god they land spells on me more often than a level 60 dragon. I might have exaggerated that last sentence, but I feel like the OPness of Floor 2 ToFS needs to be exaggerated so everybody knows.
Last edited by Twochain; 02-28-2018 at 10:38 PM..
Old 02-28-2018, 11:01 PM
Banned

OK - update.

If you die above Floor 1 of TOFS, you have to get someone with a key to help you back up into the Tower.

I was lucky and ran into a couple fellows who were heading inside while I finished my CR.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Killed this fucker near the zone out on Floor two. He was a warrior who had a DS and a Damage Absorb on - WTF? The only mob nearby was a necro.

I scoped outside of TOFS and came across a gnoll camp. I killed some perimeter guards and was thinking "wow Velious is cool cause you can get good xp while moving between zones", then I aggroed 3 gnolls near the center of camp and one of them hit me for 280 damage in 2 swings and I died again.

NOT LEAVING CRYSTAL CAVERNS AGAIN FOR A WHILE.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Banned

The mighty Druid Lord of Rivervale (Wutaang) is 46 now. Can click my lumi staff finally. If you would stay on for more than 5 minutes at a time I'll come hook you up on buffs and we can duo a bit. Monk/Druid is pretty good. I can chloro/str/skin/SoW/DS you and then grab a Charm pet while you tank. Did quite a bit of duoing with a monk in OT and it worked quite well. Harmony + Feign Death makes for pretty pain free single pulls as well.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:46 PM
Banned

excuse me Sir i have actually played multiple hours this week

sir, i have also sent tells to you TWICE during gaming sessions this week. to wit, i was insulting you because I doubt your Druid has a Manastone and Fungi, I was mocking you, sir, and sir, you hurt my feelings because i thought you did not want to play verbal abuse with me, sir, and so I wondered if perhaps you were just sulking there ignoring myself, my good sir
Old 03-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Banned

please do! It's a direct reference to the Dune character Paul Muad'Dib, and while, strictly speaking, Desertmouse could be considered legal by the p99 naming conventions it is CLEARLY RUINING IMMERSION BY REFERENCING OUT OF WORLD CHARACTERS, PLACES, OR EVENTS.

your petition could save another person's immersion.

thanks for helping out
Old 03-09-2018, 01:51 PM
Banned

Slow morning at work today.

I was the only person in Crystal Caverns and so I finally got to try Geonids. Pleasantly surprised! At level 38 I was able to kill all geos and by the time i finished there was only 1 or 2 repops. Made about 200pp off a couple of cycles and the exp was good.

One geo must have been only a level below me cause he almost took me to SHREK town. Had to flop him once. Second time I had to root him and pop a rejuv pot charge and even then i only beat him barely.

Loving the Crystal Caverns life. Spiders are good exp too but they annoy me. Geos obviously the most fun.

For anyone attempting Geos with a fungi monk at lower than normal level, I highly recommend you bust out your 1 handers. 2HB just is the Cuck when you're fighting things that are close level to you, in my experience.

I am nearly level 39. Will definitely remain in the Caverns well through 40. I'd like to earn enough plat via Spider Cum Silks and Chipped Gems to replace my Staff of Battle with an IFS. Is it worth holding on to any Chipped gems or are they just vendor trash?
Old 03-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Kobold

Crystal Caverns I preach that zone to all that will hear. Been through on my monk and now just finishing up on my necro.

The chipped gems from the named, sell those. The chipped gems from the non named are trash.

I think the named gems vendor for about this much

Chipped black pear - 19is
Chipped fire opal - 35ish
Chipped flame emerald - 70ish
Chipped sapphire - 90is
Chipped black sapphire -135ish
Chipped ruby - 150ish

This was with ikky cha and crap faction with sneak/hide. your mileage will vary
Chipped diamond - 199ish

Yeah ToFS awesome and inspiring zone, but level 2 is.....bad
Old 03-09-2018, 04:39 PM
Banned

^Thanks. I got some chipped opals worth 14pp and a Chipped Sapph from a focus crystal named.

I really do want to return to TOFS, but I'm going to need to find a couple people to help me key up past level 2 and CC is just too sweet right now.
Closed Thread