Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just saying that's where they got the name from.

Like how Tunare is Nature.
Well Tunare makes sense: it's an anagram of nature. But how the EQ devs went from "Rocket Life" to "Rodcet Nife" eludes me.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well Tunare makes sense: it's an anagram of nature. But how the EQ devs went from "Rocket Life" to "Rodcet Nife" eludes me.
Brad was high as f€&k one day and mis-typed Rocket Nife as Rodcet Nife and no one was game to correct him.

Rumours only though.

Rocket Nife was originally going to be a Gnome only God.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

So I met brad mcquad at pax East this year, and now that I have I assume any crackpot theory that involves him being high is probably legit.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Coolest cleric in game is certainly human Karana, god of storms and the open sky. Even a ginger cleric can be (very) slightly cool, if he's a human follower of Karana. Just don't waste your pixels on a crummy haffer and you're good.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:18 PM
Banned

rodcet nife = fine docter

i hope this helps
Old 10-13-2018, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rodcet nife = fine docter

i hope this helps
Wonkie the master of anagrams! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I still think I'm going to pronounce his name as either rocket life or rocket knife (depending on my mood).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Speaking of silly ideologies that I probably wouldn't pick, I don't understand how clerics of hate or love work. They seem like such vacuous concepts to follow and even if they weren't they are so "all in" that they seem nonsensical for someone to worship or serve these gods. At least Mith is level headed conceptually.

Also, I was curious about the backstory on some of these dieties so I actually made a cleric to hail and see dialog on different guilds, and I came to the realization that most cleric guilds, in fact a lot of guilds for other classes are filled to the brim with bumbling idiots who are narrow minded or blind to obvious problems that they have to face.

I swear, the arcane science guild in FP and maybe the tower of the spurned in neriak are the only groups who aren't morons for the most part.

Back to rodcet, his followers especially are nonsensical. Two of them literally threaten to murder you when you hail them as a new potential cleric serving the prime healer and being all about that sweet alien.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

My cleric is a dark elf, 100% would roll dark elf again too.

As a devoted Inny worshipper, we strive to purple line as many tanks/pullers as possible before CH'ing them...giving their worthless lives some ironic sense of self value. The sheer panic alone facilitates trust. Should the tank walk out of healing range (distrust) his death is assured and self inflicted.

Karana seems an odd choice for a cleric to worship, btw.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:26 AM
Fire Giant

An odd west coast human cleric would be Bertoxx. They got interesting jewerly based on black sapphire and good fashion with cultural armor. They are evil also. Not entirely sure if they start in Qeynos even tho Bertoxx is clearly a western god. But a ginger cleric worshiping the king of disease and rotten flesh would call for something different and probably fun. Rodcet Nife might do for a boring narrow minded cleric and Karana for a more redneck kinda healer i dont know, just thoughts
Old 10-15-2018, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Rodcet Nife, since it is the defter icon.
Closed Thread