Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NP, but I wasn't trying to shield anyone. My post was not trying to suggest that transgender people couldn't speak for themselves, or needed me to defend them, or anything like that.

I just think it's weird to ask a bunch of game-related questions about a completely non-game related identity aspect like someone's sexuality or gender.

Now if he'd asked something like "do you think you got into MMOGs because they let you express your true gender at a time in your life when you couldn't express it in the real world" or something like that, then of course it'd be topical. But what does whether you raid or not have to do with your gender identity? It's like asking whether you cook your own meals, or whether you bike to work, in relation to whether you raid or not.
So I can't ask transgender folks if they prefer hotdogs or tacos?
Old 10-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These questions seem pretty broad. Like, transgender people are just people; the fact that they are transgender doesn't decide whether they raid, whether they tank, or whether they play a Rogue or a Wizard.

Are you trying to find some great insights into the mind of transgender MMOG players? That seems a little odd, but hey, I've wasted many hours on guides for an almost two decade-old game, so who am I to judge? But if that's your goal, as many transgender people as we have on this forum, it's nowhere near enough to get a proper cohort for a study ...

... so the best your questions can do is elicit meaningless responses from a sample size that's too small, leading you to draw inaccurate conclusions about an entire community.

I dunno, I'm all for people stepping out of their comfort zone and trying to learn about people who are different from them, but this whole post feels a bit off.
It's been shown that men and women tend to have certain preferences that often correlate with their gender.

After playing MMOs for many years, I got to know a lot of different people in the guilds I played with and I noticed trends in play styles that seemed to correlate with gender. Other than one IRL friend of mine, I never got to know any other trans players and their preferences. I was curious to see what trans people in EQ enjoyed. There seems to be a large transgender community here in Project 1999 which makes it seem like a great place to ask.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been shown that men and women tend to have certain preferences that often correlate with their gender.

After playing MMOs for many years, I got to know a lot of different people in the guilds I played with and I noticed trends in play styles that seemed to correlate with gender. Other than one IRL friend of mine, I never got to know any other trans players and their preferences. I was curious to see what trans people in EQ enjoyed. There seems to be a large transgender community here in Project 1999 which makes it seem like a great place to ask.
Your crime was your curiosity.

Curiosity killed the cat, bucko.

Don't ask questions around here. You don't ask questions to people who have things to hide, got it?

You should know everything already and if you don't? Well then you're a bigot.

How DARE you?
Old 10-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your crime was your curiosity.

Curiosity killed the cat, bucko.

Don't ask questions around here. You don't ask questions to people who have things to hide, got it?

You should know everything already and if you don't? Well then you're a bigot.

How DARE you?
The lot of you have already derailed this thread almost beyond repair.

Would you please stop?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I can't ask transgender folks if they prefer hotdogs or tacos?
Tacos, but only from a real authentic Mexican restaurant.
Banned

clerics are generous lovers
Old 10-15-2018, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The lot of you have already derailed this thread almost beyond repair.

Would you please stop?
Fuck SJWs, all of them. Including the fake ones.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
clerics are generous lovers
Basically this. All the trannies I know typically have a closeted healer main, though they play other characters.

Same trope of other online girls.

You're looking at this trope wrong though.

Gender is a failed perspective and total bullshit.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Why is this such a toxic topic for people?

I'm not here to debate your opinions of transgenders or gender in general.

My trans friend seriously took no offense to questions like these, why can't you all?
Old 10-15-2018, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically this. All the trannies I know typically have a closeted healer main, though they play other characters.

Same trope of other online girls.

You're looking at this trope wrong though.

Gender is a failed perspective and total bullshit.
clerics are the most, uh, fashion-oriented class, being able to choose a lifestyle accessory(religion) on creation. socially this serves as a sort of advertisement in the sexual marketplace. their eagerness to cooperate is bittersweet though as it can lead to them being "passed around" and used. you never know who's in the body that day unless you ask.

i hope this was helpful op
Closed Thread