Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
clerics are the most, uh, fashion-oriented class, being able to choose a lifestyle accessory(religion) on creation. socially this serves as a sort of advertisement in the sexual marketplace. their eagerness to cooperate is bittersweet though as it can lead to them being "passed around" and used. you never know who's in the body that day unless you ask.

i hope this was helpful op
No.
Why is this such a touchy subject for you?
Old 10-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No.
Why is this such a touchy subject for you?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2018, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Seriously what is wrong here?

I honestly don't understand how you are all taking offense to this.

I ask some honest questions about preferences among transgender people and get labeled as a disingenuous asshole.

If you have nothing constructive to contribute then stop trolling and go away.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Neat topic! I’ll give it some thought and reply later. Tl;dr is escapism, I wanted to be pretty on some level, and yes my gaming habits have massively changed since HRT.
Last edited by Cecily; 10-15-2018 at 02:38 PM..
Old 10-15-2018, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously what is wrong here?

I honestly don't understand how you are all taking offense to this.

I ask some honest questions about preferences among transgender people and get labeled as a disingenuous asshole.

If you have nothing constructive to contribute then stop trolling and go away.
Your post wasn't offensive.

It was also offensive.

You see, the rules are made up as we go. We abide by them when they are the most convenient.

When our opponents call us out, we say that truth is merely subjective and a human construct.

Nothing is true.

Everything is true.

Welcome to Post-modernism.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

You need to use your imagination. For instance, you said your friend was fine with these questions right? So let's do a little thought experiment:

Quote:
Hey, my friend James who happens to be African-American, why do you love watermelon so much? Is it because of the flavor? The texture? Is watermelon something that all people like you like?
In that case James won't punch you in the face ... probably (depending on how good of a friend he is). Especially if you leave off that last question. But then try asking the same thing to a public forum:

Quote:
Hey African-American Project 1999 players: why do you love watermelon so much? Is it because of the flavor? The texture? Is watermelon something that all people like you like?
Hopefully that made you wince.

Now obviously transgender people have neither stereotypes about watermelon nor about raiding in EQ. But they do have stereotypes of being "the other", or being different, and of being defined by their gender identity.

Your questions reveal a ton about your own biases and how you see transgender people. For instance, you clearly see transgender people as being so different from you that their gender identity could (at least potentially) determine every aspect of how they play EQ. If that wasn't true, why would you ask the questions you did?

But if I asked you "do you play a cleric (or raid, or whatever) because you're a straight cis-gender male?" you'd probably say that's a stupid question.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-15-2018 at 02:42 PM..
Old 10-15-2018, 02:39 PM
Banned

Why are there so many black basketball players?
Old 10-15-2018, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your post wasn't offensive.

It was also offensive.

You see, the rules are made up as we go. We abide by them when they are the most convenient.

When our opponents call us out, we say that truth is merely subjective and a human construct.

Nothing is true.

Everything is true.

Welcome to Post-modernism.
its only offensive by way of being massively banal
Old 10-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These questions seem pretty broad. Like, transgender people are just people; the fact that they are transgender doesn't decide whether they raid, whether they tank, or whether they play a Rogue or a Wizard.

Are you trying to find some great insights into the mind of transgender MMOG players? That seems a little odd, but hey, I've wasted many hours on guides for an almost two decade-old game, so who am I to judge? But if that's your goal, as many transgender people as we have on this forum, it's nowhere near enough to get a proper cohort for a study ...

... so the best your questions can do is elicit meaningless responses from a sample size that's too small, leading you to draw inaccurate conclusions about an entire community.

I dunno, I'm all for people stepping out of their comfort zone and trying to learn about people who are different from them, but this whole post feels a bit off.
omgosh, you're such a goober. OP is just curious. look, there are all sortsa correlations that we know about people and behavior:

women earn less than men
men commit more violent crime than women
blacks play more pro basketball than whites
progressives cry more than conservatives
conservatives are grossed out more easily than progressives

it COULD be that transgender persons DO raid more than other people and if they do, that is a very interesting finding. It could well be that the opposite is true instead. That would also be very interesting because it tells us something. It may not be a useful thing, but we cannot determine hat unless we know the thing and ask more questions.

/bonk
Old 10-15-2018, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its only offensive by way of being massively banal
What if he isn't trolling?
Closed Thread