Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 01:08 PM
Banned

Personally I blame boxing and automation and the fact that everyone plays this game thusly:

Solo ench/dru/shm/ncr

Buys a fungi, lammy, wurmmy, or rogue epic, proceeds to buy pl or solo with either in game currency or IOUs on discord then poopsocks DKP for Vulak loot rights from the 3 server kingpins who both bot and box.

No one slaps a combine sword over there shoulder with a mix of random banded, rawhide and spelunks upper guk or high-pass orcs because those dungeons are on permafarm by mage boxes for plat. Or idols and no mobs are ever up unless ur running Fraps and have spies in their voice chat recording to catch them cheating.

EQ didn't survive 2019-21 and the bitcoin era. R I p.

A lot of potentially instanced and partner related fun to still be had on live tho.

P.s. yall r really antisocial n greedy. Impatient. Entitled. Uncreative. And boring.
Old 07-07-2021, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I blame boxing and automation and the fact that everyone plays this game thusly:

Solo ench/dru/shm/ncr

Buys a fungi, lammy, wurmmy, or rogue epic, proceeds to buy pl or solo with either in game currency or IOUs on discord then poopsocks DKP for Vulak loot rights from the 3 server kingpins who both bot and box.

No one slaps a combine sword over there shoulder with a mix of random banded, rawhide and spelunks upper guk or high-pass orcs because those dungeons are on permafarm by mage boxes for plat. Or idols and no mobs are ever up unless ur running Fraps and have spies in their voice chat recording to catch them cheating.

EQ didn't survive 2019-21 and the bitcoin era. R I p.

A lot of potentially instanced and partner related fun to still be had on live tho.

P.s. yall r really antisocial n greedy. Impatient. Entitled. Uncreative. And boring.
Go play somewhere else then. Or maybe staff will toss you a vacation for relentlessly bashing the server like they did with RecondoJoe.
Old 07-07-2021, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

(assuming that's what he got banned for, Idk for sure)
Old 07-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

I have the screenshot buried away somewhere, anyhow it's of 450+ people in Feerot waiting for CT to pop when he had sub 30 minutes left in window. Funny thing is the Blue server has slid so far that that's more than the total population most days.

P99 was great until they split the population - both are basically low pop solo/duo servers now - it's all very sad to me. I'm not even sure merging Blue/Green is going to end up helping but I guess we will see.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 07-07-2021, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

This is why on live they had to increase group exp bonuses
Old 07-07-2021, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

You guys put an insane amount of thought into what should be a very joyful nostalgic experience... Quit making this experience more complicated than it needs to be. Login, enjoy your time, log off.. And dont forget the ENJOY YOUR TIME part..
Old 07-07-2021, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have the screenshot buried away somewhere, anyhow it's of 450+ people in Feerot waiting for CT to pop when he had sub 30 minutes left in window. Funny thing is the Blue server has slid so far that that's more than the total population most days.

P99 was great until they split the population - both are basically low pop solo/duo servers now - it's all very sad to me. I'm not even sure merging Blue/Green is going to end up helping but I guess we will see.
I mean I loved Blue and still log in on it occasionally, but they really needed a fresh server. Blue's economy is so ridiculous at this point making it easy to twink every alt to the gills with minimal plat. Not really a real EQ experience.
Old 07-07-2021, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go play somewhere else then. Or maybe staff will toss you a vacation for relentlessly bashing the server like they did with RecondoJoe.
The servers, code and staff are great. 10x better than anywhere else in the CSR department. I don't expect them to relentlessly stalk and chase botters. They are doing enough. And p99 is fun for a bit of nostalgia. The museum is pretty good.

What is terrible are the people who abuse the project and staff by taking advantage of their limited time relentlessly cheating, botting, boxing, and elflawyering. Those are the players with zero respect for the staff or game.

It would be prudent, and I recommend that the FTE rules go away and the pnp only be enforced for griefing, trains, zone disruption and harassment. No UN or player agreements are enforced by the staff. And DPS wins loot rights.

As far as playing here? I still have my accounts, but I'm peacefully retired to live with my merc and WoW Sylvanus lore speculation.

I played here heavily from 2010-2017 on red and blue. I've nothing to prove to myself or others. I beat the game in 2003 as well. It's nice to kill a few gnolls in blackburrow occasionally, from time to time. And servers are still mostly ok for that.

I really hope this helps, a lot.

Shalom.
Old 07-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

it might be fun to see how people manipulate DPS races to try and secure victory, but ultimately that sounds like a trash way to raid which would be unfun for everyone.
Old 07-07-2021, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

The P99 community is what keeps us coming back though.

It's that itch you will never scratch, We are here. Always. Here.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread