Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 03:59 PM
Large Bat

Am well over 120 kills over a number of sessions without a ring drop. Xalgoz and his damned staff have been similar....
Old 07-08-2020, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

I guess i should mention that Dark Elf innate hide ability is almost as good as a clicky invis item.

While the ring is a guaranteed charm break, innate racial hide is like ~50% effective, my ench rarely has problems. Hide doesnt require a ring slot or bag slot, doesnt have to be skilled up and doesn't cost anything.

Probably less than a 50% chance, seems to work well for me tho
Last edited by Trexller; 07-08-2020 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: derp
Old 07-08-2020, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
camped it for maybe 20 hours, on and off for two days, with a stranger shaman stepping in when i wasnt there. ring dropped once for the shammy, and he gave it to me when i came back the third day. contrary to toxic characters and forum shitposts, this stranger is what P99 in general seems to be about
That is SO nice to hear. I'm with you on how the tone of a lot of forum posts doesn't jive with my experience in game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wtb gazughi ring PM pls
When I get one I'm afraid folks will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This does make me wonder what the unluckiest person in p99 history has been as far as the time to get a drop / expected time to get a drop.
Haha! That's a really interesting question and experience. The RNG is real!! I genuinely thought this might be the worst luck experienced for this specific item (worst luck documented on the wiki was 0 for 46), but it seems that's not the case! I'd be curious to know how other items shake out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spent 10 hours straight once grinding the ring. Didn’t move from my chair, not even to piss. No luck. Logged on the next night, took me 10 minutes.

Play the rng odds, don’t do more than 1-2 hours at a time for your sanity and you’ll get it eventually. Or just find one of the many other ways to net more pp/hour which will allow you to buy a ring. The goblin ring is prob one of the worst pp/hour camps in the game.
I appreciate the advice! I was sure that I'd get it one night when I was able to spend about 5 hours on it...but was wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'll keep trying those 1-2 hour chunks, as it sounds like that may be what's best and frankly that's what works well for my playtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCFinn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am well over 120 kills over a number of sessions without a ring drop. Xalgoz and his damned staff have been similar....
AHHH! 120?! Jeeze man that's ROUGH. Sounds like that's the number to beat then? I'll let y'all know what my final number is. Sounds like I have a new target to aim for [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess i should mention that Dark Elf innate hide ability is almost as good as a clicky invis item.

While the ring is a guaranteed charm break, innate racial hide is like ~50% effective, my ench rarely has problems. Hide doesnt require a ring slot or bag slot, doesnt have to be skilled up and doesn't cost anything.

Probably less than a 50% chance, seems to work well for me tho
I very much appreciate this tip! Unfortunately, I'm a dirty lizard necro, so I don't have the DE hide. I'm sure wishing I did right now though!
Old 07-10-2020, 04:42 AM
Planar Protector

well then a Circlet of ShadowS is like what 500p? with a 6 second cast time, breaking charm doesnt really require insta-click item, just an item.

you can still immediately cast after that 6 seconds.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This does make me wonder what the unluckiest person in p99 history has been as far as the time to get a drop / expected time to get a drop."

I camped pained soul back in 2014 or 2015 and it took me about 450 PH's to finally get him.
Not sure it's the most unlucky streak in P99 history but it sure felt this way.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I camped pained soul back in 2014 or 2015 and it took me about 450 PH's to finally get him.
I'm approaching 100 attempts at ring 8 roll with no success, which feels similar.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well then a Circlet of ShadowS is like what 500p? with a 6 second cast time, breaking charm doesnt really require insta-click item, just an item.

you can still immediately cast after that 6 seconds.
Thanks! I actually have one of these but was just trying to make it easier for myself since I'm terrible :-/ Had I known I'd be at it 23 hours later, I may not have started hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow!! 450 PHs?? I feel like that HAS to be the worst luck in P99. That's insane!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm approaching 100 attempts at ring 8 roll with no success, which feels similar.
Duuuude that sucks. For that one you have to be on at a specific time too, so you're not even free to suffer at a time of your choosing, right?
Old 07-10-2020, 10:18 PM
Large Bat

Saw this post yesterday, and decided to give it a try. Camped a single spawn point this morning, and also caught a couple couriers wandering by. Got the ring on my 7th? Courier kill, after maybe 4 hours of farming?
I know I'm going to pay for this somewhat good luck when I try to farm something else, though.

Now, maybe I should level up my enchanter so I can use it...
Old 07-10-2020, 10:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by froomee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saw this post yesterday, and decided to give it a try. Camped a single spawn point this morning, and also caught a couple couriers wandering by. Got the ring on my 7th? Courier kill, after maybe 4 hours of farming?
I know I'm going to pay for this somewhat good luck when I try to farm something else, though.

Now, maybe I should level up my enchanter so I can use it...
Nice haha. That's great! Yeah I feel like 4iish hours is pretty average based on my anecdotal surveys. I bumped into a guy last night camping the double spawns where I've spent 20ish hours of my 23 hours he got one in about 3 hours. He then said he was going to go try and get a Bracer of the Hidden and had one within an hour, lol. RNG man! It's great when it works in your favor! I told him he should make sure to go buy a lotto ticket.
Last edited by Philistine; 07-10-2020 at 11:12 PM..
Old 07-11-2020, 07:29 PM
Kobold

My first one took me 124 courier spawns.
Closed Thread