Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a sour taste in my mouth from this style of play

Think i was between guilds and RL friends werent playing..so i load up that server for a fresh start and see whats happenin.
DAY 1: create DE necro...constantly one shotted for about an hour
*log off for the day*
DAY 2 : go back and get one shooted by the same MFer for another hour
*log back on VZ for revenge*
*3 days later i go back*
DAY 3: log in my necro... some other douche one shotting people
but i make it to EC, find a orc group. where people passing thru zone would come one shot us lol
*wait a week*
DAY 4: log on necro to start getting one shotted again (im thinking wtf?)
create wood elf to try a new area - get one shotted by some gnome wizards for a bit running around kelethin rooftops
*say fook this server*

imo this kind of griefing doesnt even give people a chance to enjoy it..much less get a foothold for your character. woulda been cool if i had got some levels under my belt and could move around (think i got to about level 8 between all the CRs lol)
idk, maybe i had the worst luck
but either way, it sucked imo
i did get some minor levels in 4 days. and had i stuck it out, it might have been cool
but there was just to much griefing happenin everywhere i went, so im not a fan of open FFA
id rather have a +/- system in place for the new player transition

on a side note: did have a couple white knights roll thru and demolish the griefers
but the knights didnt stay long...maybe 10-20mins then the griefers came right back so /shrug
I dunno, I played on Sullon Zek at release (the only everquest server with this enabled) and I never had this experience, even once. Even after quitting for a long while and then coming back again way behind the curve this was never my experience.

I am not saying it didn't happen. There are always going to be tools doing this. The only difference on a level restricted server is that someone with massive cash can twink the living fuck out of a monk, and have him slaughter everyone even close to his level and go around raping noobs. On a non-level restricted server any decent human being of a higher level passing by can drop this motherfucker like a bad habit. On a level restricted server you are going to have to find someone of equal twinkitude to take him out. The smaller the level range, the worse this becomes.