Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It will use a modern client, presumably.
This is what I'd like to know. The client change from vanilla to burning crusade affected several aspects. Off the top of my head.. talent trees.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I'd like to know. The client change from vanilla to burning crusade affected several aspects. Off the top of my head.. talent trees.
Along with the complexity of the addons they allow players to use now. Just like Classic Live EQ when the internet wasn't super fast and people didn't know everything. Versus modern day P99 where we use a more modern client and have information at our finger tips. That greatly impacts the end user experience.

Another thing is will they use the classic models or allow people to use the new WOD models. (classic vs luclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] models)

And we could go on to even talk about the state of gamers now vs back then and what affect that has in how things shape out.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-03-2017 at 08:00 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Smile

If it aint original talent trees and models etc then they are wasting their time. And no reason for heirloom items either. I hope they keep this 100% classic.

Dude Rogean you have to try it. Vanilla wow was so much fun!!

World pvp is dope!
Old 11-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Banned

Head devs are ganna get sucked into WoW.
P99 will lapse in resets/patches
p99 will die from neglect
because of wow
... shit is classic.

goodbye everyone
Old 11-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Banned

My guesses, having followed Nostalrius and Elysium as a brief participant and onlooker:

1) they'll use classic models. WOD models would clash with vanilla art and they are too good at art for that
2) no heirlooms, for obvious reasons. Heirlooms are good for speeding thru trivial content but when leveling to 60 is not trivial, seeking items in azeroth is important.
3) they will wire in to current client. I guess this because it would be a bad business decision to take players out of the main wow Portal. They don't want you to really forget about live wow.
4)barrens chat will be barrens chat
5) lots of minmaxing, similar to p99, from vets. Non minmax combos will only be rolled by noobs and edge Lords. This will diminish the classic feel.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Sarnak

my guess is they will massively underestimate demand and there will be never ending server stability issues. That coupled with an overwhelming amount of RMTers and boxers which will ruin the economy before it ever even begins.

it's nice in theory but unless they can come up with classic solutions to classic problems then it won't remain classic for long. it will evolve into non classic just as it did the first time around.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

see you boys and girls there

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Sarnak

They better not make Rank13/Rank14 gear buyable with honor by any rank like they did in late-vanilla. I quit over that.

WoW Vanilla is extremely easy as far as raiding goes (see Elysium), so dont get your hopes up. The leveling is the fun part.

Also itll likely be ~$15/month
Last edited by Daloon; 11-03-2017 at 11:21 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 04:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe I'll actually take the opportunity to play the game for the first time.

Maybe....
not like you have anything better to do

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 11-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

can't run my late 20's/30's like I did my teens with WOW/EQ and my 20's with p1999

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Closed Thread