Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 02-28-2024, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

I might start up my own little thing where I'll be by myself, talking to myself, hyping myself up.

But like on TZ there was a level 35 crew of twinks that would PVP against the odds as a small click 300 style deep in enemy territory. There was also a twink lvl 24 crew of shorties tiny terrors or w/e.

I want to make a roleplaying PVP scene on Red of a certain level I will need to create a thread with polls and think deeply on it. I like 35. Classic only zones etc.

I'll probably never do it but it's on my list of to do's.
Old 02-28-2024, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Umm not sure I never saw GM's on live. I don't think people PVP'd as much as they do on Red. On TZ it was very segregated, Pandemonium was the only ones to do Trak/VS etc then really the only ones that could do Velious raids I don't think anyone trained them dirty. No one knew anything back then. I think by SZ there were some bard griefers I remember hearing but nothing really substantial on TZ.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...6&postcount=89

Do you guys and gals actually want quakes?
Teams pvp or a wipe would be nice.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Umm not sure I never saw GM's on live. I don't think people PVP'd as much as they do on Red. On TZ it was very segregated, Pandemonium was the only ones to do Trak/VS etc then really the only ones that could do Velious raids I don't think anyone trained them dirty. No one knew anything back then. I think by SZ there were some bard griefers I remember hearing but nothing really substantial on TZ.
PVP happened all the time. At least on RZ / SZ. Also, top raiders knew all the tricks & exploits that top raiders know now... don't flatter yourselves. Bow questing wasn't a thing. Resists actually worked, line of sight for spells didn't exist. Casters are gimped on Red with faulty resist code and line of sight shit. Training, bind camping, intentional exp loss - all legal for quite some time. Pretty much anything other than blatant hacking / warping / 3rd party programs.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 03-02-2024, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

On TZ things were pretty segregated into your teams, most people struggled to keep up with max level. One guy in PDM kamzan got full cobalt etc. On Live things moved really fast expansion wise I think you're romanticizing.

I mean I just looked it up Kunark dropped, then 8 months later Velious dropped. Classic to kunark was 1 year. Then I think Luclin came a year after Velious and game was fucked by then with AA's etc.

So the glory days are really like 32 months long and a lot of that was spent grinding/learning.

PVP did happen but it wasn't anything like Red, like anything. Most people were struggling to max a char out and maybe get some raid gear. Velious the gap really took off and ruined PVP too PDM were unkillable no one outside of their guild had TOV loot.

That might not be totally true brommix might whoop my ass that's a perspective from the dark team, once PDM formed dark team was so fucked.
Old 04-01-2024, 12:48 AM
Orc

I haven't seen Panquakes in quite some time has that barb come back?
Old 04-02-2024, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Been back hes just never played anymore
Old 04-11-2024, 01:07 AM
Large Rat

interesting thread because menden responded.

red 2.0 incoming in next 5 years? ill check back in 2
Old 04-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by frames [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
interesting thread because menden responded.

red 2.0 incoming in next 5 years? ill check back in 2
The WIPE clean in 2019 really spurned on that we were going back and the server would be reset
Old 04-11-2024, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neither in my power, but I'm with you.

We got a new signature quote here. Most recent gm encouragement for the majority of the playerbase (people who quit and want new red)

Hope
Lost but not forgotten.