Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Skeleton

only issue i have with it is when somebody makes their first toon on the server, and the server already has an established player base, it makes it difficult for the new player to get ahead cause they are constantly losing all their gear

unless we're talking about single item loot here, in which case..cry more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad View Post
Sex leads to kissing, and the next thing you know they expect conversation.
Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frytard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Item loot would be awesome - but i think most people who are experienced in pvp will be scared that people who are new to pvp will rage quit
by the time ppl are high enough to have decent gear to get looted from pvp itll be a lot harder for them to quit for good due to exp ratio. item loot would be wonderful but most cant handle it
Old 10-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno, I played on Sullon Zek at release (the only everquest server with this enabled) and I never had this experience, even once.
By week two/three Crushbone regularly had a high level necro, or such, there killing everyone trying to exp. The few higher level goods had to regularly divert back there to chase them off. This was a common threat for any goods trying to level up was high level evils (and sometimes newts) doing the rounds....

There wasn't near the same problem of twinks attacking as other have described, until later when you could have three characters per count. One character per account worked then since multi accounts was much rarer.

I really liked the no level restriction of SZ, but since it was team oriented there was incentive to help out strangers getting ganked. On a FFA server with no level restriction, gankers may have little opposition.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

My heart is with item loot, but my head says only coin loss. Once twinks are abound, theres practically nothing anyone can do to stop twinked people from robbing them of the few gimp items they got.

I almost quit rallos because of this, because twinks are soooo much better than lowbies starting out, the only thing that saved my ass was the halloween event where i got 9 pieces of no drop gear during the weekend.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truth.

Though, it worked on Rallos Zek because of the player base. It had an equal balance between PVE and PVP. The ruthless nature of potentially losing your hard earned pixels bred things like the anti-PK mind set, for people that were afraid of being killed and having shit stolen. It kept the system in check imo.

As much as I'd like to have item looting on Red 99, the server would need to be heavily reliant on a PNP-style rule set, and I just don't know if I see that happening with this community. We're talking about the people that will kill you for your cloth tunic when they've got 1mil plat banked just to shit on you and laugh while doing it.

Am I saying that is wrong? No. To each their own. But I can see how that would potentially scare away new players, unless they had guilds to turn to that would be there to help them, just like RZ did.
Good point basically you can make the game play just like classic but you cant duplicate the playerbase/community that was around in 1999.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My heart is with item loot, but my head says only coin loss. Once twinks are abound, theres practically nothing anyone can do to stop twinked people from robbing them of the few gimp items they got.

I almost quit rallos because of this, because twinks are soooo much better than lowbies starting out, the only thing that saved my ass was the halloween event where i got 9 pieces of no drop gear during the weekend.
I believe the twink problem is not something that will be an issue for at least a few months.

Maybe in a few months if pvp twinks that don't lvl up have taken off the devs could consider making item drops for people below x lvl.
Closed Thread