Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
assuming population stays the same with item loot
That's your problem right there. Wherever itemloot has ever existed, it has significantly reduced the population. I don't see how you can assume that the population stays the same with itemloot when it has been proven time and time again that it doesn't. VZTZ's population more than quadrupled when they removed itemloot. Itemloot has been removed from every single place it has existed, and has never been attempted in any MMORPG since, invariably resulting in more popularity and a healthier PvP environment. I don't see what's so difficult to understand about that.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

The problem is that the majority of the people who want item loot are the ones that come off as "OMG YOU PVE ON A PVP SERVER FOR ITEMS EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO ADVANCE SO I AM GOING TO KILL YOU AND TAKE THEM BECAUSE YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO YOUR PVE SERVER BLUEBIE" and feel 100% justified in abusing game mechanics to reap the benefits of item loot with no risk to themselves.

i.e. it promotes the fun of the few at the expense of the masses which is probably not very condusive to having a healthy population.

Also. Tits.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything can be considered detrimental to server health. I heard the same predictions about p99 before it launched.

No translocators - detrimental to server health
No soulbinders - detrimental to server health
No boxing - detrimental to server health
No classic exp rate - detrimental to server health

And after the server launched?

Keep global chat, else it will be detrimental to server health!
Get rid of exp penalties, else it will be detrimental to server health!

On and on. I don't believe any of you can predict the future and most predictions are just wrong.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm not forcing my opinions for pvp, because pvp servers had different rules.

I think if there's a twinked out lvl 9 in full rubi killing all the newbs, 10 of them should be able to rape him and take a piece. It's naive to assume that no item loot will stop griefing. The griefers will just be able to keep all their gear.
This is why Nilbog has a successful EQ project and you don't. The guy is dedicated to creating a classic experience which is what will keep it going.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSmedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol @ pop will die without item loot..

yeah if we on vztz ever learned anything from the 3,5 year long experiment it was that item loot definitely made the pop lower and lower, and lower until they removed it.

Again his comment about the griefers not being able to hold onto their advantage and continue griefing.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why Nilbog has a successful EQ project and you don't. The guy is dedicated to creating a classic experience which is what will keep it going.
This is why you remove the level restrictions on killing. Then the level 9 raping noobs gets 1 shot by the level 50 bored with him raping noobs.

Also the flip side to this is the level 40 who spent the last month farming himself a whole set of rubi finds himself being gangraped by 3 naked wizards and loses his shit. And even though he managed to kill one of the wizards the wizard loses nothing.

Like Nilbog said people always preach doom about every change and every thing that doesn't go their way. I don't think item loot will make or break this server, I just think for optimal fun with minimal douchebaggery it should not exist or at the very least have some sort of complementary penalty for losing pvp fights. Like exp loss.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An Anti-PK guild is already forming. Red99 wiill be a bit harder on the gankers, I do believe.

This will only entice the wolves to eat the weak minded.

Have you ever seen how the gazels travel in packs, and if in a split second one strays ..or is too young or weak to keep up with the herd it is snatched up by the jaws of nature, gone, no more, digested.

Just like the gazel the young noober will seek the pack, but will stray...curiousity? maybe. Lost? Maybe The warmth of the mother hen feeling? maybe.. and just like the gazel he will be snatched up by the jaws of a die hard killer Pvping wolf....gone,no more, DIGESTED!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why you remove the level restrictions on killing. Then the level 9 raping noobs gets 1 shot by the level 50 bored with him raping noobs.
I have a sour taste in my mouth from this style of play

Think i was between guilds and RL friends werent playing..so i load up that server for a fresh start and see whats happenin.
DAY 1: create DE necro...constantly one shotted for about an hour
*log off for the day*
DAY 2 : go back and get one shooted by the same MFer for another hour
*log back on VZ for revenge*
*3 days later i go back*
DAY 3: log in my necro... some other douche one shotting people
but i make it to EC, find a orc group. where people passing thru zone would come one shot us lol
*wait a week*
DAY 4: log on necro to start getting one shotted again (im thinking wtf?)
create wood elf to try a new area - get one shotted by some gnome wizards for a bit running around kelethin rooftops
*say fook this server*

imo this kind of griefing doesnt even give people a chance to enjoy it..much less get a foothold for your character. woulda been cool if i had got some levels under my belt and could move around (think i got to about level 8 between all the CRs lol)
idk, maybe i had the worst luck
but either way, it sucked imo
i did get some minor levels in 4 days. and had i stuck it out, it might have been cool
but there was just to much griefing happenin everywhere i went, so im not a fan of open FFA
id rather have a +/- system in place for the new player transition

on a side note: did have a couple white knights roll thru and demolish the griefers
but the knights didnt stay long...maybe 10-20mins then the griefers came right back so /shrug
Old 09-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Leveled up to large rat, woot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leveled up to large rat, woot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thats tits in a RnF thread! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Exquisite chest.
Closed Thread